Richmond advances annual American Celebration plans

Time to read
2 minutes
Read so far

Richmond advances annual American Celebration plans

Posted in:
The city has finalized plans for its July 1 American Celebration, which will feature a full fireworks display, latenight noise waivers and the return of food trucks and novelty vendors to Southview Park. The Richmond City Council recently approved a contract with J&M Displays for the fireworks show, in an amount not to exceed $16,700, along with two ordinance waivers required for the event. City Administrator Tonya Willim told council members the approvals were part of the city’s annual preparations for the event. “This is our standard contract we have with J&M,” said Willim. “ We’ll start planning in the next couple of months on getting ready for the American Celebration and this is just our annual approval for the contract.” According to city staff, the contract with J&M Displays includes an $800 increase over last year’s fireworks show, reflecting higher industry costs while maintaining the same number of fireworks and overall show quality. Funding for the event is…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.