Richmond man denied bond, 5 felonies

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Richmond man denied bond, 5 felonies

Posted in:
Body

A Richmond man has entered a not guilty plea and was denied a bond modification while facing five felony charges involving child pornography.  

  

Jordan W. Seller, 28, is charged with second-degree promoting child pornography to a minor, three counts of possession of child pornography and tampering or attempting to tamper with a victim in a felony prosecution.  

  

Seller recently entered a not-guilty plea to the charges before Eighth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Lori J. Baskins. After determining there was clear and convincing evidence that no set of non-monetary and monetary conditions could ensure the safety of the community or others and taking into account the various factors and unique circumstances surrounding the case, Baskins denied any changes to the seller's bond, ordering him to be detained without bond pending trial. 

  

Seller will appear for a preliminary hearing at 10 a.m. on June 3.  

 

  

On April 23, Ray County Sheriff’s Office Deputy G. Wyse took a walk-in report regarding child pornography. The reporting party stated Seller was a sex offender and threatened to beat the victim if they did not do as they were told.  

“Jordan Seller has forced the victim to do drugs and sleep with other men in multiple hotels,” the probable cause statement written by Ray County Sheriff’s Office Detective K. Dyer states. “They stated Seller threatened to come after the victim if they told the authorities about his actions. The reporting party explained the victim tried to get away from Seller.” 

  

According to the report, Seller was also harassing the victim and telling them he would post videos and pictures of the victim online. 

  

On April 24, Wyse, Dyer and Detective A. Crossland met with the reporting party, who advised they had screenshots of conversations between Seller and the victim. The officer located three photos of child pornography.  

“I observed a message from Seller to the victim stating, ‘I still have two of your nudes,” the statement continues. “The next message stated, “And all the pics and vids of us, I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone to see either. Shortly after those messages were sent, Seller sent the photographs.”   

  

According to the report, Dyer confirmed the phone number from which the photographs were sent belongs to Seller by comparing it to the phone number that Seller provided on his last Missouri Sex Offender Registration completed on March 19.  

  

The Richmond News will continue ongoing coverage of this case.