Ray seeks $800k in recovery funds

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Ray seeks $800k in recovery funds

Posted in:
RICHMOND – Some of the same county infrastructure damaged during the 2019 floods suffered damage this year from storms, Ray County Presiding Commissioner Bob King said. The commission submitted $800,000 in bills for reimbursement, King said. “The damage was roads and bridges,” Commissioner Gary Wilhite said. “(It’s) mainly replacement of rock in the roads, which took up most of the money,” King said. He guessed rock replacement alone could reach $400,000. The cost includes materials, equipment and labor, he said. The county looks forward to reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the State Emergency Management agency. Without assistance, King identified where the county would be: “In the hole.” King said the county had been waiting for a formal disaster declaration. The declaration came down from President Joe Biden on Sept. 1 for areas affected by severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding from June 24 to July 1. Gov. Mike Parson commented on…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.