Center improvements incomplete as county holds fair

Time to read
2 minutes
Read so far

Center improvements incomplete as county holds fair

Posted in:
RICHMOND – Having closed more than a year ago to public use because of COVID-19, the Ray County Senior Center has remained closed beyond the expected July 1 reopening date. Significant but incomplete facility improvement efforts led to the delay, based on information from the Ray County Commission. The improvement efforts started June 1, Senior Center Director Pat Mills said. “They came in and they stripped everything off the walls and painted the walls,” Mills said. Improvement efforts also involve the bathrooms, Mills said. “They’ve torn all of our bathrooms out and they’re going to redo them,” she said. “Then, they’ve actually built a family bathroom big enough for two people and a wheelchair.” Ray County Presiding Commissioner Bob King said the center needed the improvements. “We’re doing a complete new bathroom for men and women,” King said. “It needed it really badly.” The building upgrades also call for The building upgrades also call for removing linoleum from the…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.