Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 7)

Outpatient facility at RCMH offers cardiac rehab

Outpatient facility at RCMH offers cardiac rehab

By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer You’ve had a heart attack, stroke or some other heart-related event. The surgery is done and the physician has ordered therapy as the next step.…

Reap the stress-reduction benefits of furry companions

Reap the stress-reduction benefits of furry companions

By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer Caring for a pet has become more difficult as I’ve aged, but I feel the benefits far outweigh the caveats. There are a lot of factors…

‘Bizarre Foods’ follows Jesse James’ trail through Ray County

‘Bizarre Foods’ follows Jesse James’ trail through Ray County

The James gang and bushwhackers tracked on food show By Liz Johnson, Richmond News Staff Writer The outlaw Jesse James has been the subject of dozens of movies and books…

Love Connection – After nearly 60 years, couple rekindles romance

Love Connection – After nearly 60 years, couple rekindles romance

Art and Anita Covey By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer It all began 58 years ago, when a high-school junior began carrying the books of a sophomore. Art Covey met Anita…

The Love Connection – The second time: ‘It’s a miracle’

The Love Connection – The second time: ‘It’s a miracle’

Newlyweds Ileen and Dean Wall By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer Who says there isn’t love after 60, 70, 80 or 90? Or that you won’t find love after a spouse…

Tribute: Camden historian Don Rogers

Tribute: Camden historian Don Rogers

From the coal mines of Ray County to the corporate world to Santa Claus, one local man’s quest for living life to the fullest By Liz Johnson, Richmond News Staff…

Two and a Half Tenors return to Farris stage Feb. 3

Two and a Half Tenors return to Farris stage Feb. 3

Members of the Two and a Half Tenors say they are delighted to make a return appearance at the Farris Theatre as part of concert series featuring local legends who…

From hobbyist to ambassador

From hobbyist to ambassador

Richmond’s Kyle Day named Missouri State Honey Ambassador By JoEllen Black, Richmond News Publisher Richmond can now claim it’s the home of an ambassador. What started as a hobby in…

Increase flexibility, breath and blood flow with gentle yoga

Increase flexibility, breath and blood flow with gentle yoga

By Liz Johnson, Richmond News Staff Writer – Living 50-Plus I lifted weights for more than 10 years, proud of my muscular arms, legs and back. Combined with a very…

4-H awards rewards youth, inspiring continued learning, participating

4-H awards rewards youth, inspiring continued learning, participating

Ray County 4-H recognized 172 4-H members and 96 volunteer leaders for their year achievements at the Annual 4-H Recognition & Awards Banquet, Saturday, Nov. 4, at the Eagleton Civic…