Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Postcards: Bates County memorializes Order #11 legacy

By Linda Emley My grandmother, Mildred Kell Schooler, was born March 22, 1907. For many years, I would take off work on her birthday and we would do something special.…

Jack Remembers: With Russkies bearing down, fun-loving GIs knew what to do

By Jack Hackley Actually, we were just kids even though we were 19 and some just 20 when we got drafted into the army. In today’s world, we would not…

April 10: MVCAA Poverty awareness march and Rally

Where you start not as important as where you wind up MVCAA will mark its 50 years of fighting poverty with community-awareness events in each of its seven counties, including…

Orrick FFA forestry team wins group, individual honors

Orrick FFA forestry team wins group, individual honors

Jo’s Jottings: Singing ‘Kumbaya’ and learning about boys’ ranch among week’s highlights

By Jo Ellen Dale At the Kiwanis Club meeting last Tuesday, March 11, we had a very interesting program on Butterfield Youth Services, Inc.  given by Bob Stewart, the director…

Whirled Peas: If past and present lives predict what we get in the future, I don’t want to pitch

By Dennis Carlson I got to play a lot of softball in the Navy.  We played softball with a lot of beer. We had leagues but often played pickup games…

Order #11 ordered the removal of residents from four counties

Order #11 ordered the removal of residents from four counties

By Linda Emley Once again it’s 10 p.m. Wednesday  and I don’t have a story picked out for my 9 a.m. Thursday deadline. I think by now everyone has figured…

Jason: ‘Lego’ movie a good fit, both for the family’s sherpa and its Disney princesses

By Jason Offutt The movie theater parking lot was more full than I’d ever seen it, and this was just for a Sunday matinee. The lot at our local theater…

NOW SHOWING

April 5 production an ‘urgent effort’ to keep movies going at Farris By Sara Seidel/For The Richmond News In an effort to keep movies showing at the Farris Theatre, a…

Hundreds flock to Saturday business expo

Hundreds flock to Saturday business expo

Fifty businesses filled Richmond Middle School commons and spilled outdoors with new cars and exhibits for the second annual Richmond Area Business Expo. For many who came, they said they…