Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 4)

LIVING 50-PLUS: RCMH program offers mental-health care for seniors

LIVING 50-PLUS: RCMH program offers mental-health care for seniors

By Joy Tipping/Richmond News Managing Editor Since 1949, Mental Health America and its nationwide affiliates have observed May Is Mental Health Month, a time to spread the word that mental…

OHS graduates 19 at heartfelt ceremony

OHS graduates 19 at heartfelt ceremony

By JoEllen Black/Richmond News Executive Editor It was a day for all the moms — and for the 19 seniors who brought family and a community together for Orrick High…

Celebrating the RHS Class of 2018

Celebrating the RHS Class of 2018

By Russ Green/Sports Editor On a warm Mother’s Day afternoon, the RHS Class of 2018 walked out of Spartan Stadium as Richmond High School graduates. The class entered the stadium…

Hardin-Central ‘different’ in good ways

Hardin-Central ‘different’  in good ways

By Sara Seidel/Staff Writer Although they were a lot like ceremonies taking place across the nation this month, commencement exercises at Hardin-Central Sunday were “different.” That was the word from…

Ray County Library plans lively May, June activities

The Ray County library is at 215 E. Lexington St., Richmond. Unless otherwise noted, for more information (and reservations if needed) on programs listed, call 816-776-5104. You can also visit…

RICHMOND R-XVI: School land tabbed for farming by ag students

RICHMOND R-XVI: School land tabbed for farming by ag students

By Shawn Roney/For The Richmond News Richmond High School agriculture students will soon have the chance to get what ag teacher and FFA sponsor Laura Allen called “real world experience…

Richmond hosts area school boards’ ethics meeting

Richmond hosts area school boards’ ethics meeting

Consistency, accountability, confidentiality among top concerns By Joy Tipping/Richmond News Managing Editor Richmond R-XVI School District hosted the May 1 Region 5 meeting of the Missouri School Boards’ Association, which…

Pet of the Week: Dauntless — All kisses, all the time

Pet of the Week: Dauntless — All kisses, all the time

Frequently The Richmond News showcases a dog or cat looking for its “forever home,” and available for adoption at the Humane Society of Ray County. This week’s ball of energy and kisses is Dauntless,…

Tammie Sullard looks back on 30 years with the U.S.P.S.

Tammie Sullard looks back on 30 years with the U.S.P.S.

By Joy Tipping/Richmond News Managing Editor  “Ahhh. Now I’m set. I’ve found the place where I’ll work till I retire,” Tammie Sullard recalls thinking when she took her first U.S.…

Students get lesson on county government

Students get lesson on county government

By JoEllen Black/Richmond News Publisher Middle-school students from Richmond and Orrick got a lesson in county government last week. The students met with officeholders from A to Z — Assessor…