Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Mammograms: ‘Don’t put it off’

Mammograms: ‘Don’t put it off’

By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer I don’t know any woman who enjoys a mammogram, but it’s a preventive screening that can save your life. It’s important to be done yearly once…

Thousands raised at local 2017 Relay for Life

Ray and Lafayette counties combine to increase efforts By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer Every year a Relay for Life walk takes place in Ray County and in Lafayette County. This past…

OCTOBER IS …

NATIONAL AUDIOLOGY AWARENESS MONTH Liz Johnson/Richmond News Staff Writer We live in a noisy world. I suffer from hearing loss, nearly 90 percent loss in one ear. And it can…

Birth: Kylea Alex May Covey

Randy Covey II and Amy Roberts are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Kylea Alex May Covey. Kylea was born at 11:21 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 12. She weighed…

Fall is here

Fall brings cool crisp temperatures and a need to have a warm bowl of good hearty soup. From a meaty spicy chili to a creamy cheesy soup, here is something…

Byron Jones tribute: ‘I Gotta Travel On’

Byron Jones tribute: ‘I Gotta Travel On’

By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer Imagine having a large family of 11 children and that the family is music-filled. Then imagine that two of the sons start performing while teenagers…

Versatile Walkenhorst to open 9th concert season at Farris

Versatile Walkenhorst to open 9th concert season at Farris

By Sara Seidel, for the Richmond News If ever a performance could enchant a wide audience, the opening show of the 9th Concert Season at the Farris Theatre is it.…

Horseplay part of fun at inaugural Apple Fest

Horseplay part of fun at inaugural Apple Fest

By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer A torrential downpour Saturday morning didn’t deter folks from attending the first Howard A. Hall Foundation first Apple Fest fundraiser. Planned for Saturday afternoon, Buffalo…

Tribute to country legend Byron Jones

Tribute to country legend Byron Jones

‘It’s gonna be a big show’ By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer The two men had played together as musicians for more than 50 years, but they had been brothers for…

Overcoming PTSD; ‘Don’t ever stop believing in yourself’

Overcoming PTSD; ‘Don’t ever stop believing in yourself’

Triumph over PTSD leads to new career path By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer – Living 50-Plus The definition of courage means “strength in the face of pain or grief.” Local…