Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 97)

Witnessing bank robbery was just one event in the major’s life

By Linda Emley As our history book tells it, “At half past three o’clock, Thursday, May 23, 1867, a band of brigands, eleven in number, heavily armed with navy pistols,…

PRAISE IN THE PARK

CME church comes together to produce an all-day gospel concert St. John CME had a unique church mission Saturday – the entire church coordinated and presented an all-day gospel concert,…

Competitors sought for first annual Outlaw Days Chili Cook-off

Outlaw Days, celebrating the Old West past of Richmond, is seeking competitors in its first annual Outlaw Days Chili Cook-off Saturday, Sept. 22 on Richmond Square. Entry fee is $20…

Local athletes to compete at Special Olympics games

By Russ Green/Richmond News A farmhouse sits just off the road after you travel approximately five miles on a dusty gravel road in extreme northern Ray County. Not exactly the…

Pat’s Pantry: No-fuss favorites

By Pat Mills After a busy day I don’t want to stand in the kitchen and cook, so I found some no-fuss quick recipes to get me through the week.…

Owners of the bank robbed in 1867 lived adventurous lives

By Linda Emley “At half past 3 o’clock on Thursday, May 23, 1867, the banking house of Hughes & Wasson was robbed. There happened to be only $3,500 in the…

Meneau-Claire wedding

Tamara Meneau of Wright City, and Sean Claire of Richmond, were united in marriage June 23, 2012 at 1 p.m. at Holy Rosary Catholic Parish in Warrenton, Mo. by Father…

Pat’s Pantry: Smaller recipes

With just two of us, a smaller recipe is just what I look for.  Because they are smaller servings doesn’t have to mean less flavor. Here is a tried-and-true bread…

Two women who stood by their man, outlaw Jim Younger

By Linda Emley I always look at the human side of any story and Richmond’s 1867 bank robbery is a good example. What were the boys thinking when they robbed…

Author discussing Mormon War novel at stops in Lexington, Liberty, Richmond

Author William Jensen visited the River Reader book store Wednesday to present a talk on ‘Adder in the Path,’ a novel set in Ray, Caldwell, Clay and Jackson counties during…