Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 95)

City-wide cleanup tidys the stage for weekend festival

By Jo Ellen Dale I am enjoying the beautiful flowers and lush green foliage this year. My Paul Scarlet rose hasn’t looked  as full blown in years. The iris as…

‘A Wanderer Returns’ to Ray

By Linda Emley This letter appeared in the Richmond Conservator on Jan 8,1891 under the headline “A Wanderer Returns to God’s Country.” Orrick, Mo. Jan. 3, 1891 Dear Conservator: “As…

Some of this and that

Been testing a few recipes and found a couple that were keepers. The easy dessert was fast, and a great dessert if you have unexpected company. Cracker barrel hash browns…

Good sign for the Farris Arts District

Rob Swafford calls it “hands-on not-for-profit volunteerism” that he, Tom Bowman, Max Hockemeier and others were engaged in this week. Working with John Long, the Farris buildings and maintenance director,…

Jo’s Jottings: ES nursing home recognizes former Richmond resident

By Jo Ellen Dale Junior Clancy, who once owned a salvage yard in Richmond, was named resident of the month at Valley Manor and Rehab Center in Excelsior Springs.  There…

For Earth Day, students get a grounding in how things work

By David Knopf, News Editor City Administrator Ron Brohammer asked Sunrise Elementary second-graders if they could guess how many miles of underground pipe Richmond has feeding its south sewer plant.…

Monsanto, Waters give $2,500 to Orrick FFA

With an estimated nine billion mouths to feed by 2050, organizations such as Orrick FFA help turn young farmers into community and industry leaders who can meet the challenges of…

Three area students to receive 2012 Ray-Carroll Grain Growers scholarships

Each spring, the Ray-Carroll Grain Growers Scholarship fund awards grants to outstanding high school seniors who are the children of cooperative members. This year, Ray-Carroll awarded 15 $1,000 scholarships to…

Seems the long arm of government’s everywhere, until you need something

By Jack Hackley The good thing about Daylight Savings Time for me is the clock on the dash of my Ford 150 has the correct time again. My hometown police…

You can just about forget about grits inside the Beltway

By Randall Franks When I was a kid a big part of my life was looking forward to what I was going to eat at my next meal. My folks…