Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 93)

Stet Field Day: long-time tradition a fitting ending

Jan Witteveen, third and fourth grade teacher at Stet, embraces former student Ashley Still, a 2011 Stet grad, at the end of the Field Day Saturday. (Photo by JoEllen Black/Richmond…

18-year-old rider has reason to sit tall in the saddle

By David Knopf, News Editor It’s not unusual for 18-year-old Whitney Kincaid to show good posture in the saddle. But after some news she received earlier this month, she’s sitting…

Pat’s Pantry: Secret recipes

By Pat Mills I have found a recipe book that clones restaurant recipes and thought it would be fun to try some of these. Remember the frosted glasses of A…

War news dominated local lives in 1945

By Linda Emley The 1945 RHS ECHO looked normal until I found this picture that shows that the war was affecting everyone. The “Bandage Class” was a group that made…

Art captures a past life

Nina Kincaid, a resident at Shirkey Nursing and Rehabilitation’s Alzheimer’s unit, gives a caress to her painting, “Midnight Sun,” when she first saw it displayed at the Alzheimer’s Heart of…

Library announces winners of poster contest, jelly bean count and book drawings

Ray County Library has announced winners of its “My Favorite Book” poster contest, as well as “Guess the Number of Jelly Beans” contest and daily book drawings.  The contests were…

Then and now, graduation a milestone in seniors’ lives

By Linda Emley We all know that April showers bring May flowers, but there is something that May brings that is more important than flowers. Every year in May, another…

Jack Remembers: When the beer wore off, Smitty realized he was packin’ a little extra in the trunk

By Jack Hackley Ironworkers on construction crews fall into three different groups. One group puts the reinforcing in concrete. Another group puts the structural steel in commercial buildings and bridges.…

Turkey Season: Answering the call

Turkey Season: A big prize