UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 92)

With community events picking up, the holidays must be near

By Jo Ellen Dale Once again I must begin with an apology as I mistakenly said in my last column that the celebration of Veterans’ Day on the courthouse lawn…

Must be why they call Orrick’s band ‘Bearcat Pride’

It was a slow fall for Orrick’s young, undermanned football team, but the Orrick Bearcat Pride Marching Band has picked up some of the slack. After winning its division for…

Richmond sailor had hand in making sure U.S. torpedoes detonated on impact

By Linda Emley Sunday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. I’m not a veteran but I was a Navy wife for 5 years, so I understand. My husband was on the…

Library, CLAIM extend Medicare service

For six years, Ray County Library has helped residents seeking to understand Medicare. It’s come through a partnership with CLAIM, the official state health-insurance assistance program. CLAIM leads a network…

County tax statements mailed to area residents

2012 tax statements for Ray County residents have been mailed, according to Ray County Collector Margie Bowman. Payments can be made with cash, check, money order or credit card. A…

Early registration for 10K, 5K Turkey Trot Nov. 10

Early registration for the second annual Richmond Turkey Trot race is Saturday, Nov. 10. Participants can register at Richmond Anytime Fitness or Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce office. Cost for…

Pat’s Pantry: The perfect dinner roll

As we near the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, we will be looking for that one perfect recipe that we can’t do without.  A hot buttery roll is a must for…

If Postcards Could Talk: Tragedy cut Smith rally short

By Linda Emley As promised, I’m going to tell you the story about the 48-star flag that is now on display in the showcase at the Ray County Courthouse. On…

A river once ran through it

McCorkendale chronicles Camden’s heyday before the river changed course By David Knopf/Richmond News Those who drive through Camden today, a town with under 200 people, a Methodist church and no…

Jo’s Jottings: Autism program informative, praises Ideal Industries

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club on Oct. 23, a new member was inducted. Mac Proffitt sponsored Troy Pyle, who was welcomed warmly…