Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 91)

Ford’s ‘Go Further’ event mixes American Idol with 2013 Fusion

Swafford’s Ford sponsors a “Go Further with Ford Night” Thursday, Nov. 15, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the showroom at 223 S. Thornton in Richmond. It is the finale…

House of Hope seeking holiday items for clients

House of Hope, a shelter for victims of domestic and sexual abuse in Ray, Lafayette and Eastern Jackson counties, is seeking holiday gifts for those living in its shelter. “Holidays…

Pat’s Pantry: Cranberries and pumpkins

By Pat Mills There are always cranberry and pumpkin dishes on the table at Thanksgiving. This year, try a pumpkin cake in place of pie, and a cranberry relish in…

Vets still giving, this time with their stories

By Linda Emley In Clinton, there’s a Victorian house that was built in 1868 by Gustave Haysler. Today it looks very much like it did in 1868 thanks to Mr.…

This weekend at The Farris Theatre

Richmond High School’s Drama Department to perform  the Meredith Wilson classic at the Farris Theatre, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.   The Cast: Conductor, Adam…

Lawson VFW officer honored for volunteer service

By Jay Eastlick, Director of Communications Lt. Governor’s Office On Oct. 31, Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder presented John Roush Jr. of Excelsior Springs with the Lieutenant Governor’s Veterans Service…

A ‘buddy’ pays high tribute to Lt. Lester Stroud

Editor’s note: This letter was originally published by the Norborne Democrat in 1944. It was brought to us by Ruth Crum of Richmond, the niece of the late Lester Stroud.…

With community events picking up, the holidays must be near

By Jo Ellen Dale Once again I must begin with an apology as I mistakenly said in my last column that the celebration of Veterans’ Day on the courthouse lawn…

Must be why they call Orrick’s band ‘Bearcat Pride’

It was a slow fall for Orrick’s young, undermanned football team, but the Orrick Bearcat Pride Marching Band has picked up some of the slack. After winning its division for…

Richmond sailor had hand in making sure U.S. torpedoes detonated on impact

By Linda Emley Sunday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. I’m not a veteran but I was a Navy wife for 5 years, so I understand. My husband was on the…