Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 9)

The Big Bang: American Celebration July 3 at Southview Park

The Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce brings its family-friendly American Celebration to Southview Park Thursday, July 3. The night kicks off with a free swim at Southview Pool from 5:30…

Slow-cooked specialties

With the heat of summer slowing everyone down, we don’t need to heat up the kitchen to make a great meal. Gather the ingredients and throw them in a slow…

Ray went all out to unveil dough boy

By Linda Emley On July 13, 1894, a boy named Gavrilo Princip was born in Bosnia. He was one of nine children. All but three of the Princip children died…

Two dogs and a cat ready to become part of a household

The following descriptions are furnished first-hand by a volunteer for the Humane Society of Ray County. Gloria McFadden has met all the animals she describes, then photographs them and sends…

Jack Remembers: Some close-by destinations more worth waiting for than others

By Linda Emley Today I had a Facebook friend from Texas walk into the museum. I got a hug and then we spent the day hanging out on the hill.…

Jack Remembers: In 1960, some Missourians worried Pope might run the show

By Jack Hackley In 1960, it was Floyd Gibson’s turn to be governor. The lawyer from Independence was president pro-tem of the Senate and would first be lieutenant governor, then…

Ray County 4-H: Equine tour, public speaking academy

Fifty-one Missouri 4-H teens embarked upon the eighth annual 4-H Equine Career and Horse Industry Tour in late May 2014 traveling to destinations in Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado. Eight…

Jo’s Jottings: Rotary hears RHS a cappella choir, learns about Show Me Ziplines

By Jo Ellen Dale Not much news has come in yet so you will understand that I will tell you about what I have been doing. *** Saturday, June 14,…

Pat’s Pantry: All-American Meals

By Pat Mills Are you planning a summer cookout for the 4th of July? Here are some five-star recipes from meat on the grill to desserts. – Pat Sweet-fired pork…

Postcards: Most-visited grave not the obvious choice

By Linda Emley I’ve had several people ask me what’s the most visited grave in Ray County and they are usually shocked to hear that Bob Ford is not my…