Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 9)

Postcards: Museum history, personal roots date to geneaology group’s founding

By Linda Emley I think by now everyone knows that I spend a lot of my time at the Ray County Museum. My job title is “Museum Manager” and I…

Vocational Agriculture Teachers Assoc. honors RHS’s Joe Robinson

Joe Robinson, Richmond R-XVI High School agriculture teacher/FFA advisor, was recently honored with a Distinguished Service Award at the 2014 Missouri Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association annual awards luncheon. Robinson represented…

New Sam’s Club donates $2,500 to RHS Backpack Program

Fake slithery thing helps protect Camdenite’s birds

Jack: Wendell Bailey didn’t like Ike, or for that matter, Jack

By Jack Hackley In 1980, Wendell Bailey was a car dealer in Willow Springs.  When Dick Ichord retired as the 8th Congressional Congressman, Wendell ran as a Republican and won.…

Jo’s Jottings: Kiwanians learn number of abused and neglected children alarming

By Jo Ellen Dale So far this has been a busy week.  At the regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club Tuesday, Aug. 12, the program was given by Marti…

Rabbit Tracks: An endemic fungus was the culprit after all

By Robert Smith I finally figured out what caused all of my problems.  It is something that all my family has, but in a dormant state. Likely, they are not…

Jason: Beam me up Scotty, I need to make a call

By Jason Offutt The telephone, to me, has always been a tool. You know, one of those woogly ones you bought 10 years ago to replace the faucet in the…

That’s a great sandwich

These wonderful sandwiches are very satisfying and will make a great meal if served with a salad or bowl of soup. Try the b-l-t tortillas for a new twist on…

Kell’s journey west lives on through history books, original documents

By Linda Emley A few days ago I was traveling down a highway in “the land of Lincoln” and saw an exit sign for the town of Alton, Ill. My heart…