Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 9)

Gone but not forgotten: Family historian restores portion of cemetery

By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer Anyone who has dabbled in family history understands the fascination historians have with cemeteries.  A cemetery is where genealogists find the answers to many questions. It’s…

They want a job, but don’t know how to work

My dad taught me how to cultivate corn when I was 11 years old.  The cultivator and team would straddle a row of corn.  With the handles and footrest, I…

SHEET PAN SUPPERS

The next best thing to a slow cooker is a single pan dinner. Meat and vegetables cooked on a sheet pan and only one pan to clean is a great…

Beautifying Richmond one flower bed at a time

When I grow up…

Orrick elementary students get a glimpse of career options By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor Many children, when they’re truly young, confidently claim that when they grow up, they want to be…

Elvis is in the (Farris) building

– Special to the Richmond News Joseph Hall is bringing his award-winning Elvis Rock ‘N Remember tribute show to the historic Farris Theatre. The show, set for Saturday, May 21,…

Shoppers contribute to local moms, babies

By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor Shoppers in Richmond contributed generously Saturday to the Mom’s Day Baby Shower Drive at Walmart. They purchased and donated hundreds of items during the drive,…

Three Scouts earn Eagle rank

EAGLE SCOUTS: MORE THAN A GOOD TURN DAILY By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor Three area youths are now part of Scouting’s most elite group: Eagle Scouts. Brandon Edney of Orrick,…

THE SWEETER SIDE

Do you want something that is so good its gone in a flash? I like to take something sweet that can be eaten with your fingers, when we attend a…

‘Hello, Dolly!’

FRIDAY & SATURDAY 7:30 P.M. SUNDAY 2 P.M. AT THE FARRIS THEATRE By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor Theater-goers will be in for a laugh when they attend this weekend’s performances of…