Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 89)

Wedding setting guaranteed good memories

By Linda Emley On Dec. 5, 1901, The Richmond Missourian hinted of the the Christmas shopping rush that was coming soon, “One Week More of Clearing the Way for Richmond’s…

Winning the big lottery might make your garden grow fast but it won’t do a thing about your weeds

With the winners of the huge Powerball jackpot announced and the Christmas season upon us, Robert Smith, RHS Class of 1957, found himself in a reflective mood. Here’s a little…

Things to do this weekend

Chili feeds, cookie sales and Santa visits top the list The Thanksgiving turkey is picked over. Harvest motifs have been replaced with holiday outdoor displays, and in Ray County this…

Library offering new series of beginning computer classes

Ray County Library will be hosting additional Beginner Computer Classes in January and February. The deadline to register is Dec. 21. Introduction to Computers will teach individuals computer terminology, computer…

It’s the time of year when people come and go, renew old acquaintances

By Jo Ellen Dale I hope all of you had as happy a Thanksgiving as I did. *** My younger son Chuck and I went to St. Louis on Thanksgiving…

Richmondite Steve Seward, 5 other KC Brass members know there’s a time and place for fun, and Dec. 4 at the Farris Theatre is it

By Sara Seidell, Correspondent So you think the symphony is hoity-toity. Think again. A rendition of “The Beer Barrel Polka” is a favored piece of one Kansas City Symphony member…

In his short life, Rep. Jerry Litton made an impression not soon forgotten

By Linda Emley On Thursday, May 25, 1972 the people of Richmond gathered at the Kirkpatrick Auditorium and watched the class of 1972 receive diplomas. I was there in 1972,…

Christmas on the Farm event Saturday at Watkins Mill

Experience what Christmas would have been like on a 19th century farm during the “Christmas on the Farm” event Dec. 1 at Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and State Historic…

‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ radio show begins Nov. 29

By JoEllen Black/Richmond News Fans of Frank Capra’s 1946 classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life,” can be transported back to that era with Ray County Community Arts Association’s live radio rendition…

Pat’s Pantry: Left over turkey and ham

By Pat Mills Do you have left over ham and turkey and don’t know what to do with it? With these recipes your family will never know that they are…