Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 88)

Cool & refreshing

Until our heat breaks, I have decided to fix only cool and creamy frozen sweets. Peaches and blackberries are in season, so whip up a dessert today. – Pat Peaches…

‘School to Career’ guides students in career paths

By David Knopf/Richmond News Megan Jones, a 2008 Richmond High School graduate who lives near Rayville, should be the poster child for a program called “School to Career.” Although Jones…

Fords welcome baby Ava Renee

Stephen and Mendy Ford of Kansas City, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Ava Renee. She was born at 7 p.m., May 3, 2012 at Research Hospital.…

Burks mark 50 years of marriage

Raymond and Beverly Burk celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary with a quiet day at home. They were married on June 10, 1962. Their children include one daughter, Jamie Loyd; and…

Finkel-Hockemeier wed June 2

Holly Elizabeth Finkel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Finkel of Denver, Colo., married William Taylor Hockemeier, son of Mr. and Mrs. Curt Hockemeier of Atlanta, Ga., Saturday, June 2.…

Alexander Doniphan managed greatness despite life of personal tragedy

By Linda Emley I’ve written several stories about Alexander William Doniphan, but every time I turn a page of Ray County History, I find a new story that gives us…

Coming and going, visitors and guests enjoy our hospitality

By Jo Ellen Dale Gene Haun writes that she had guests from Tuesday, June 18 to Thursday, June 21. Mr. and Mrs. Mack Everett of Magee, Miss. and their grandson,…

Lexington Summer Block Party July 7

Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Summer Block Party in downtown Lexington from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 7. The event will feature music, sidewalk sales, a…

Pat’s Pantry: Chips and Dip

By Pat Mills Each week I have to come with some dips for our bingo games. These dips can be served with potato chips, crackers, tortilla corn chips and even…

When the chips were down, judge did the right thing

By Linda Emley After the Masonic story a few weeks ago, I’ve been looking for the answer to who was the mystery man on the hill, the one that Rev.…