Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 85)

A wrong turn in the country leads to a forgotten piece of Ray County history

By Linda Emley If anyone had handed me this picture yesterday, I would have been shocked when they told me it was an old railroad bridge in Ray County. But…

Mom would’ve fed the pigs with what’s called ‘fresh bread’ today

By Jack Hackley Everybody has a pet peeve. One of mine is not being able to buy fresh bread in the grocery store. Now that Wonder Bread is out of…

Grand Ole Opry musicians to play in Henrietta

The Farm Hands, the award-winning Nashville bluegrass quartet featuring Grand Ole Opry performers, is coming to Henrietta. The band will be in concert Sunday, Jan. 20 at First Baptist Church,…

Christmas was a time for many in Ray County to host gatherings at home

By Jo Ellen Dale Piper and Ron Peterson hosted a Christmas Eve luncheon and gift exchange in their home for Kinsey Peterson. Guests were Matt and Linzy Peterson, Melissa Peterson,…

Must be why they call it God’s Country

Study finds rural areas have most to gain in Medicaid growth

By Traci Gleason Missouri Budget Project A Missouri Medicaid expansion would reduce the state’s uninsured population by more than one-fourth, bringing an estimated $1.56 billion in new health care funding…

Mormons wrote a significant chapter in the history of Ray County

By Linda Emley Tonight (Thursday, Jan. 10), Keith Bowen will be guest speaker at the Annual Ray County Historical Society meeting. Keith lives in Excelsior Springs and is an interesting…

Orrick team’s best shot good enough for 5th in Area 6

Rabbit Tracks: What me worry?

1.  I am a survivor.  I have managed to live through a number of Doomsdays. 2.  I wasn’t worried about the “fiscal cliff” because Congress and the President weren’t worried. …

Pat’s Pantry: Healthy Eating

As I’m flipping through my healthy-eating cookbooks, I have run across many recipes that look pretty good. Try this “dressed up” version of baked beans. – Pat Ranch beans 1…