Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 82)

Owners of the bank robbed in 1867 lived adventurous lives

By Linda Emley “At half past 3 o’clock on Thursday, May 23, 1867, the banking house of Hughes & Wasson was robbed. There happened to be only $3,500 in the…

Meneau-Claire wedding

Tamara Meneau of Wright City, and Sean Claire of Richmond, were united in marriage June 23, 2012 at 1 p.m. at Holy Rosary Catholic Parish in Warrenton, Mo. by Father…

Pat’s Pantry: Smaller recipes

With just two of us, a smaller recipe is just what I look for.  Because they are smaller servings doesn’t have to mean less flavor. Here is a tried-and-true bread…

Two women who stood by their man, outlaw Jim Younger

By Linda Emley I always look at the human side of any story and Richmond’s 1867 bank robbery is a good example. What were the boys thinking when they robbed…

Author discussing Mormon War novel at stops in Lexington, Liberty, Richmond

Author William Jensen visited the River Reader book store Wednesday to present a talk on ‘Adder in the Path,’ a novel set in Ray, Caldwell, Clay and Jackson counties during…

Jo’s Jottings: Take off our ‘Hats!’ to the abundance of theatrical ability in the community

By Jo Ellen Dale The Ray County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary held a luncheon meeting on Thursday, Aug. 9 at Hometown Pizza with a large group in attendance. The program was…

Florence Williams: Pickin’, grinnin’ and bringin’ folks together

By David Knopf, News Editor Florence Williams has been around music – better still, been surrounded by it – all her life. The founder of the popular monthly jam sessions…

Postcards: Word of mouth, local connections add to 1867 bank robbery lore

By Linda Emley We’ve always heard the story about how the James boys robbed the banking house of Hughes and Wasson at half past three on Thursday, May 23, 1867.…

Richmond Class of 1962 to hold 50th reunion Sept. 29

Richmond High School Class of 1962 will have its 50-year class reunion Sept. 29 at Hometown Pizza, 106 W. North Main in Richmond. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.  Hors…

Richmond Beautification Club will need help replacing its 25-year-old flower beds

Greetings! Please allow me a moment to tell you of the great happenings with the Richmond Beautification Club, which you may know through the flower beds and hanging baskets we…