Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 8)

BEST LOVED CASSEROLES

I always like what you would call a meal in one dish or a casserole. Casseroles are a great way to use up leftovers. Prepare them up ahead of time…

By chance, family research trip brings two Dale cousins together

By Linda Emley The Ray County Museum is a magical place because I’ve experienced more miracles in this building than any other place on earth. It’s totally amazing how many…

DELICIOUSLY UNEXPECTED

As the summer heat moves in on us, we need some cooling refreshments. The kids will love having a frozen fruity freezer pop to eat on those hot days.  –…

Transportation and taxes were the main deal in 1916 Richmond

By Linda Emley The year was 1916. Ray County had a new courthouse, and Camden was no longer riverfront property. We had survived the heavy rains of 1915 and business…

DELICIOUSLY UNEXPECTED

These dishes are plain, simple and hearty good eating. Your family will be surprised when you cut into this meatloaf potato surprise. See if your family can guess the ingredients…

Heavy rains reminder of when Mighty ‘Mo changed course in 1915

By Linda Emley I know we are all tired of all this rain, but it could always be worse. I did a little research to find out what was our…

BRIGHT BREAKFASTS

For breakfast or supper, I found this great recipe for a cowboy quiche that’s just wonderful.  This sausage hash uses colorful vegetables to give it a perky look and provides…

From Custer’s last stand to court business, 1876 paper had the news!

By Linda Emley There are few things I love more than picking up an old newspaper and reading it for the first time. It’s like going back in time and…

Ray County skirmish may be the real last battle of the Civil War

By Linda Emley James Michener has always been one of my favorite authors. I love the way he shared a story about a group of people that lived in one…

SUMMER PICNIC SALADS

Summer is here and so are BBQs and picnics. A cool salad is always a hit on a hot summer day.  The fruity pasta salad is one of my favorite…