Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 8)

Pat’s Pantry: Fresh-from-the-oven cobbler

By Pat Mills When we think of cobblers, we think of summertime and fresh berries. Not so – these cobblers offer the convenience of frozen berries and canned pie fillings.…

Postcards: Many hands made cherished Farris what it is

By Linda Emley I want to thank everyone that stopped by the Farris Theatre’s Friends Gallery this weekend to view our WW II artifacts display. We had a big crowd…

5′s company, and then some

Elkhorn Elementary students of the month for January

Family Community & Education chapter honors Sunrise essays, art

Jo’s Jottings: In the snow and cold of winter, there’s a spring that waits to be …

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club Tuesday, Feb. 25 it was announced that Bill Dooley and Marti Cowherd will attend the Mo-Ark Mid-Winter…

LOST AT SEA: WW II sailor’s final hour a mystery

By David Knopf, News Editor Editor’s note: On Feb. 6, the Richmond News published the first of what eventually will be several stories about John Willard Humbard, a 19-year-old Richmond…

Rabbit: Don’t let ethnocentrism sour you on other cultures

By Robert Smith One word describes all of the intolerance, bigotry and prejudice in our world and that word is “ethnocentrism.”  It’s the belief that your group is superior to…

Letter: Richmond-style hospitality shows district at its best

To the Editor: On behalf of the Richmond R-XVI athletic department, I would like to thank all the people involved with their food donations and time managing the hospitality room…

Letter: My behavior at state wrestling was unacceptable

Dear Spartan Nation, Please accept my apology for throwing punches during my match at the Missouri State Wrestling Tournament Feb. 22. My behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature and lacked the…