Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 78)

Jo’s Jottings: A busy week, including a talk by Ike Skelton for DAR members

By Jo Ellen Dale The 6th annual Ladies of the Class of ‘72 was held Friday, Oct. 4 at Jeffrey Kyle’s restaurant.  Those attending were Linda Hoppock Hugelman, Donna Clark…

Letters: Trick or Treat Street support needed: Help raise domestic violence awareness

To the Editor: The Richmond Police Department has entered the planning phase of the 2013 Trick or Treat Street even. As in years past, it will be hosted by the…

Postcards: Time spent today in museum library as good as it was back in the day

By Linda Emley I think by now everyone knows that I spend a lot of my time at the Ray County Museum. My job title is Museum Manager and I…

Fall Flood Festival Saturday in Hardin

Hardin Community Betterment Association hosts a Fall Flood Festival 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, honoring the 20th anniverary of the Flood of 1993 that greatly impacted the…

Rabbit: Emergency lights and a vet in need

By Robert Smith I came up from Florida for my 56th reunion at Shirkey Sept. 27. It was Homecoming week and I was late getting a motel reservation and finally…

Pat’s Pantry: Cut your kitchen time

By Pat Mills Don’t have time to spend in the kitchen with your busy schedule?  Try these fast and easy recipes, and in 30 minutes or less you can have…

Postcards: From scout campout to jail-cell haunted house to ghosts, The Hill was a-buzz

By Linda Emley It was a very busy weekend on The Hill. Around 200 Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and their families camped out behind the museum at the Ray County…

H-C readers step up, keep those pages turning

By Barbara Dooley Hardin-Central C-2 Librarian Summer Reading Challenge Coordinator The students and staff members of the Hardin-Central C-2 School District once again were given a challenge to be met…

Jo’s Jottings: Reunions, chance to learn about, Rotary, eat out 3 times in a day

By Jo Ellen Dale The fourth annual O’Dell reunion was held on Sept. 22 at Maurice Roberts Park.  Those in attendance were Dorothy O’Dell, Peggy Sullard, Bob Russell, Thalia J.…

A Kansas City song earned royalties for 65 years, even without Elvis

By Jack Hackley In 1953 in Memphis, a young 18-year-old Elvis Presley went in to a studio and paid $2.75 to make a demo record of his mother’s favorite song,…