UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 70)

Two area men attend Memorial Day service at Confederate Home

Facial hair all that separates us from shaving

By Jason Offutt I have a beard. It’s not a particularly good beard, but according to an Australian study, it’s probably helped me save the world from impending doom at…

Richmond, Lawson entries face off in Miss Ray Pageant

The Miss Ray County Scholarship Pageant is set for Saturday at 7 p.m. at the historic Farris Theatre. Pageant director Lisa Reed said six contestants are vying for the title…

Memorial service a historic journey

Civil War program allows memories, emotions to surface By Linda Emley I’m not an expert on the Civil War, but I’ve spent the last 18 months planning the Battle of…

Fast to fix foods

I like meals that are fast and easy to prepare. Using the microwave and stove you can have dinner on the table in under an hour. Put some meat to…

Jack Remembers: Forest Lee Smith took ‘town character’ to a new level

By Jack Hackley Every town used to have a few characters. The town I’m from, Oak Grove, had more than its share. My favorite was Forest Lee Smith. He was…

Honors for Jean Greenlee a highlight of Richmond Rotary’s 90th birthday.

Jo’s Jottings: Routine club business, two lively talks and a special birthday

By Jo Ellen Dale Not as many of you have sent news this week so this column may be a little abbreviated. *** During the regular Richmond Kiwanis meeting May…

Reporter’s scrapbooks reveal Bruna McGuire’s unique style

By Linda Emley Editor’s Note: Several people have been asking about Bruna McGuire, so Postcards writer Linda Emley thinks it’s a good time to re-run this story from April 2012.…

4-H Club News: Local clubs preparing for county fair

Millville 4-H met on May 8. Forty members present and 13 leaders/guests were present. For this month’s meeting the group met at Shirkey’s for the annual flower planting meeting. The…