Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 70)

Miss Ray County pageant seeking applicants

Miss Ray County Scholarship Pageant is seeking contestants for the 2014 Scholarship Pageant. Contestants must be residents of Ray County, ages 17-24, and attend college or trade school in the…

Pat’s Pantry: Fast and easy lunches

By Pat Mills Want to whip up a great lunch but you don’t have a lot of time? Try any of these recipes that take only 30 minutes to prepare.…

Postcards: Free rock jam to aid Battle of Albany event

By Linda Emley On Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011, my life changed forever. Looking back now, I would never imagine how different my life would be in three short years. This…

David Pearce capitol report: Propane situation needs investigating

While in the middle of winter, some Missourians are facing an unforeseen, yet disastrous, issue. It is no secret that, within one week, the price of propane has nearly tripled.…

Jason: Will kids fight over Magic 8 Ball? All indications are you’re darn tootin’ they will

By Jason Offutt I don’t know what my wife was thinking, which is fair enough, I suppose. I baffle her daily with the odd things I do, some of which…

Letter: Thanks for your caring and attention

To the Editor: I am writing this to thank a very special group of people in our community. First, I want to thank the firemen and paramedics for their prompt…

Jason: Forgive me, public library, forgive me

By Jason Offutt Media outlets, for some reason, are expected to be repositories of all knowledge.  To some extent, that’s true. A media outlet knows exactly what happened at the…

Pat’s Pantry: A country-style meal

By Pat Mills Nothing is more country than tender ribs, fluffy biscuits and chocolate pie.  Set out extra napkins for these barbecued ribs in a thick and tangy sauce. How…

Postcards: Deputy Odus Sisk’s fatal shooting in 1938 put true love on hold for 46 years

By Linda Emley A few weeks ago, I wrote a story about the early days of the Ray County Museum and named some of the people who were around when…

Jack Remembers: Our little town turned out pilots like crazy

By Jack Hackley In 1950, Oak Grove had the most pilots per capita of any city in the United States.  We had a population of 761 and 45 pilots. The…