Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 68)

Pat’s Pantry: Start with Canned Soup

By Pat Mills Cooking with soup today is easy and exciting with all the different kinds of canned soup available. Using soup helps you get a head start on all…

Postcards: Iwo Jimo flag-raising source of local pride

Editor’s note: Linda’s column is a lead-in to the World War II exhibit the Farris Friends Gallery will host March 7, 8 and 9. By Linda Emley Many of us…

From RHS with Love

Jo’s Jottings: NHS members share history of organization, its many projects

At the last Kiwanis Club meeting a very interesting program was put on by three young members of the National Honor Society.  Jill Pence, program chair, introduced Catherine Pence, Jackson…

Eligibility, opt-out, mandates and cost: Misconceptions remain about buying insurance at healthcare.gov

By Jeremy Milarsky Primaris, Navigator Program Manager In 2013, the American healthcare system changed radically. People who had no access to health insurance before – entrepeneurs, people in the service…

Ray County Farm Bureau helps thank AG producers

Ray County Farm Bureau members helped celebrate Thank a Farmer Week, Feb. 2-8, a celebration of the U.S. food supply provided by America’s farmers and ranchers. Within the first two…

Adopt-a-Pet: Female Whippet pup, 2 cats need homes

This week’s featured Humane Society of Ray County pets include a new dog, a young female Whippet mix named Marlo.  She is mostly black with a bit of white on…

Postcards: Elliott family roots intertwine with Ray County history

By Linda Emley Teddy Roosevelt Elliott stopped by the Museum this week and we were talking about the battle of Albany. It took me a few minutes before I realized…

Rabbit Tracks: Homeless man wasn’t without resources

By Robert Smith Wonder if you’ve heard this one: An old homeless man approached a wealthy looking man on the street and He asked him for some money because he…

‘True honor and privilege’ working together to educate R-XVI students

Editor’s note: This is a letter Superintendent of Schools Damon Kizzire distributed to Richmond staff to announce his acceptance of a new job. As you know I did not receive…