Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 68)

Jason: Eating dad’s chili, ignoring the game mark revival of Offut Super Bowl tradition

By Jason Offutt There’s a tradition in the Offutt household that stretches back to the year I was born. On Super Bowl Sunday, Dad made chili and the family sat…

Pat’s Pantry: Winter warm-ups

By Pat Mills The warm, comforting taste of chowder appeals to everyone.  These hearty full-flavored creamy chowders are just what you need to warm up on a cold winter day.…

Postcards: How 4-wheel trucks got traction in Ray Co.

By Linda Emley Since we are having a bad winter, everyone understands the need for a 4-wheel-drive vehicles. But in the good-old days before we had 4-wheel, we had snow…

Orrick High School Courtwarming king and queen candidates

Hardin-Central king and queen candidates

Business Expo to feature meet-and-greet, displays, local food

By Jo Ellen Dale Tuesday, Jan. 28, Kiwanis Club held a regular noon meeting at the 19th Hole restaurant.  The speaker was Kiwanis Lt. Gov. Gruber, who brought us up…

Capitol Report: Fairness in filing, Bright Flight expansion on agenda

By State Sen. Joe Don McGaugh Equality in election filing (HB 1125) Committee hearings continue to make up the bulk of our work at the Capitol, but this past week…

Thanks to Richmond Bowl’s owners for stepping up to fill void

To the Editor: I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the efforts of a local business that has helped Richmond Middle School staff and students in the physical…

Then, now, a four-wheel-drive St. Bernard handy in the snow

This is a story I wrote last year, but I am sharing it again because it sure fits the eight inches of snow we just got. On Jan. 8, 1962,…

Miss Ray County pageant seeking applicants

Miss Ray County Scholarship Pageant is seeking contestants for the 2014 Scholarship Pageant. Contestants must be residents of Ray County, ages 17-24, and attend college or trade school in the…