Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 68)

Jo’s Jottings: Mickey Mouse-themed birthday a big success for Monte Livingston

By Jo Ellen Dale On Jan. 19, a birthday celebration for Monte Livingston was held with many family members attending. Those present were his wife, Louise; daughter, Samantha Waterman; granddaughter,…

Letters: Maybe we had that ‘back in our day’ after all

Editor’s note: This tale is an Internet sensation with no discernible author. We’ve checked, and it’s run anonymously in a Chicago daily newspaper, in blogs, on Facebook and YouTube, in…

Postcards: The ‘Flat Man’ gets a taste of Far West and the Mormon War

By Linday Emley I seldom have a boring day at the Ray County Museum. My Wednesday started out normally, but that soon changed when I got a phone call from…

Jason: After patient complains of numbness, the only thing MRI finds unusual is the patient

By Jason Offutt The feeling should have tipped me off that something was wrong, but like a normal guy I ignored it until it went away. A week later it…

Rabbit Tracks: Weedy vacant parcel: I’ll dance to that

We have a tract of land near us that is right on the highway and consists of five acres.  It was going to be developed by (country music star) Alan…

Pat’s Pantry: Rice

By Pat Mills Rice has fed more people over a longer period of time than any other crop. And why not – it can be the main course, side dish…

Postcards: Thanks to our resource center, Ray County women have a sympathetic ear to talk to

By Linda Emley I have a friend that always says, “Everything happens for a reason.” I would like to say I believe this but sometimes it’s hard to understand why…

Jo’s Jottings: United Christian Presbyterian greets interim minister, wife

By Jo Ellen Dale For your convenience, the Richmond Chamber of Commerce will now be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  This means that I will have to change…

Bikes for Books giveaway turns Dear readers into big wheels

The Richmond Masonic Lodge 57 held its final Bikes 4 Books drawing for the fall semester. Winners from Dear Elementary received their bicycles Friday morning from Lodge members Ron Peterson…

Jack Remembers: Congressman Bill Hungate had a sense of humor and patience of a donkey and elephant combined

By Jack Hackley Bill Hungate was Congressman from the 9th Congressional District from 1964 to 1977. He became well-known as the author of the Articles of Impeachment against President Nixon.…