Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 67)

Cut to the Chase: In 2014, let’s work on improving life in rural U.S.

By Rebecca French Smith It’s an interesting time of year. As the New Year begins, we reflect.  For the past week, we’ve seen all sorts of topics to consider. Google…

Pat’s Pantry: Let’s ring in the New Year

By Pat Mills It’s New Year’s Eve and you need to make a dip or appetizer for your party. Your guests will not be able to leave the snack table…

Postcards: As we leave 2013, a big one beckons

By Linda Emley As 2013 winds down, I’m busy looking forward to what’s coming to Ray County in 2014. It’s going to be a great year to add many pages…

Richmond cheerleader marching in New Year’s Day parade in London, England.

Victoria Rickart will be representing the RHS cheerleaders in London over the holidays. After being chosen during the summer to cheer and dance in the London New Year’s Day Parade,…

Drivers gather to wish longtime leader well

By David Knopf/Richmond News Janine Clampitt, who’ll become director of Direct Transit Jan. 2, said she plans few changes to the well-oiled machine left by her mentor, Larry Goodloe. “I’ve…

Pet therapy a way of ‘touching hearts automatically’

By JoEllen Black/Richmond News Santa wasn’t the only special guest last week at Shirkey Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Syd, an outgoing Maltese female, brought a lot of smiles and a…

Southern Style: In this season of overeating, maybe sweatpants the way to go

By Randall Franks That pair doesn’t fit. OK, maybe this one fits. Ugh! I know these pants went all the way around me the last time I put them on.…

The top readers at Hardin-Central Elementary were honored Dec. 20 by Masonic Lodge 57 and area businesses. The Lodge, Hardin-Central Elementary and the businesses teamed up again for the Bikes…

Jo’s Jotting: Holidays a time of travel, family and, this year, very cold weather

By Jo Ellen Dale On Dec. 8, Larry and Kathy Best and some of their family attended the ballet “The Nutcracker” at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.  Those…

Life of adventure, prowess with guns made Elmer Keith famous

By Linda Emley As an adult, I’m always sad when Christmas day is over. We spend a lot of time and money getting ready for Christmas and it is over…