Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 67)

Letter to the Editor: Common Core imposed without local input

Dear Editor, I am growing deeply concerned about a real threat that is encroaching the hallowed halls of the schools in our state. The threat has a name: Common Core.…

Jason: Men, it’s time to go out there and be one

By Jason Offutt The car on the side of the street sat on a flat tire. Two guys standing at the trunk were having a hard time figuring out how…

Pat’s Pantry: Thanksgiving Dishes

By Pat Mills No holiday dinner is complete without the traditional side dishes of green bean casserole, noodles and rolls. I only get scalloped oysters once a year, and it’s…

Postcards:

By Linda Emley History doesn’t have to be some big event that happened 100 years ago. That’s because it is any moment in time that has already happened. The great…

Orrick School salutes veterans with music

Jo’s Jottings: Sad news opens what otherwise was a pleasant, active week

By Jo Ellen Dale Yesterday I received some very sad news.  My friend and relative, Myra Hamann, has died.  She was a remarkable woman and will be missed by many.…

EPA Administrator uses visit to air farm issues face to face

By Fifth District Congressman Emanuel Cleaver In my many years of service, it is not often I have been able to bring someone like EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy to town,…

Youth in Agriculture scholarship applications available

The Missouri State Fair Youth in Agriculture scholarship application, for Missouri High School seniors graduating in 2014, is now available online at www.mostatefair.com/youth-in-agriculture. Applications should be submitted to the Missouri…

Adopt-a-pet: Buster looking for a good home

The Humane Society of Ray County has a selection of adoptable cats and dogs at its shelter. Adoption days are Saturdays and Sundays from 1-3 p.m. at 200 S. College…

Postcards: Since 1947, Richmond Chamber has helped promote the community

By Linda Emley On Oct. 10, I attended the Annual Chamber of Commerce Dinner with the Ray County Historical Society board. This is an event I never took the time…