Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 66)

Free Gospel music concert at the Eagleton Center

Miss Ray County: Passing the crown

Relay for Life: Survivors’ role models for hope

By David Knopf, News Editor When organizers of Ray County’s 16th Relay for Life walk chose its 2013 Heroes of Hope, making a splash coinciding with a move to the…

Thanks for making concert a success

To the Editor: On behalf of the Lexington Wind Symphony, I sincerely thank everyone for making the LWS’s Patriotic Concert so successful. It is always a pleasure to see the…

Rabbit Tracks: ‘A Modest Proposal’ for rooting out morel mushrooms in Ray County

By Bob Smith, RHS Class of ‘57 I am sure many of you are familiar with Johnathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal,” the author’s plan for solving the population problem in…

For Milford and Clara

One chapter from 70 years of happiness, love On June 12, 1943, my friends Milford and Clara Ann Wyss tied the knot and started down the road of life. After…

This and that

I would like to share some recipes that are just plain good. With a name like Christmas pickles, this recipe doesn’t have to be served at Christmas only. It is…

Guard members, families enjoy some R&R

By Sara Seidel, Staff writer It’s a good thing members of the National Guard’s 1135th Engineer Company met Sunday for fun. If they had been meeting for work, they would…

Shipping ‘the word of God’: 5,000 Bible copies assembled in Richmond this week will be shipped to impoverished Haiti

By Sara Seidel, Staff writer A person who wants a Bible in the United States can walk into just about any church, bookstore or library and find one. It’s not…

Relay for Life site new, but goals remain the same

By Russ Green and David Knopf The cause hasn’t changed  – raising money for cancer research and honoring both survivors and those who have succumbed – but walkers will have…