Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 66)

Letter: News article on locker-room attacks overstepped limits of good taste

To the Editor: This is about your article on the front page of Jan. 2 (“H-C Locker room case back in court Jan. 8”). The most explicit language begins with…

Cut to the Chase: The truth about small rural places

By Julie Hurst When our family gathers, it is for three reasons: 1) a birthday, 2) a holiday or 3) a meal. It can be any combination of 1 or…

Postcards: Orval Hixon, the photographer, walked these halls before me

By Linda Emley I recently went to visit a friend who wasn’t feeling very good. We laughed a lot and I think we were both feeling better after our visit.…

Guest Opinion: Coal not the forward-thinking choice

By Juli Viel So the scuttle is that the Environmental Protection Agency wants to raise your electric rates. That’s what the Association for Missouri Electric Cooperatives and the National Rural…

Jason: Folks Down Under get down when attacked

By Jason Offutt I’m worried about America, and not for the obvious reasons. The crumbling economy, the rise in violent crime and the fact that “Keeping up with the Kardashians”…

Pat’s Panty: Winter goodness

By Pat Mills Chase away the winter chill with a slow cooker of warm spicy stew or soup. Place all ingredients in your slow cooker then head off to work…

Postcards: Things made from wood date to a time when Ray settlers made about everything from trees that surrounded them

By Linda Emley We live in a world where many things are made from metal or plastic, but this girl will always be in love with the wooden artifacts from…

A Look Back – 2013 in Photos (see other photos in the Jan. 2, 2014 print version

Jo’s Jottings: Holiday remains a time for family, acts of random kindness

By Jo Ellen Dale Hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas.  I certainly did.  My son Chuck came and brought dinner.  All  I had to provide was dessert…

Letter: Dirty nails worthy of respect

To the Editor: This past week our septic tank runneth over and had to be emptied. The man who came out to pump it out was an older man who…