Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Tree, decorations join festivities

If the weather cooperates, Friday night’s Santa visit to Orrick should be ushered in with additional festivity this year. Between 5 and 5:30 p.m., Mayor Cindy Lampton will throw the…

Santa’s best helper brings cheer to Orrick

By David Knopf, News Editor Ask Sarah Fulte how long she’s been involved in bringing Santa to town for Orrick’s kids and she just laughs. “All my life,” she says.…

Jo’s Jottings: P.E.O. luncheon at golf course featured preview of ‘Nuncrackers’

By Jo Ellen Dale Janet Sneed, buyer for the Ray County Memorial Hospital gift shop, writes that an Open House held Sunday, Dec. 1 was a big success and the…

Guest Opinion: Rural hospitals need expanded Medicaid

By State Rep. Chris Kelly The most important issue facing the 2014 Missouri Legislature is whether to expand state health care coverage to working people who earn up to 138…

Adopt-a-pet: Gracie can be yours this Christmas

Gracie, pictured here, is a long-haired cat available for adoption through Ray County Humane Society. “She is pretty, very sweet, and not at all pushy,” volunteer Gloria McFadden said. “When…

Five-state growers conference in St. Joseph Jan. 9-11

By Timothy Baker In less than one month, it will be time for the Great Plains Growers Conference. This is an exciting conference for horticulture producers, with many new ideas…

High tunnel workshop to be held Saturday near Richmond

A high tunnel workshop will be held on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 10 a.m. at the Dennis Crook Farm approximately 10 miles northeast of Richmond. A high tunnel is a…

History book fills in blanks about the founding of the museum

By Linda Emley Every time I give a tour at the Ray County Museum, I start with a brief history of the building and how it became a museum. The…

Jason: Christmas made me do it

By Jason Offutt Christmas brings out the worst in humanity. I mean, if Christmas will turn a 9-year-old kid into a miscreant (“criminal sociopath” seems much too harsh for a…

Pat’s Pantry: Lively leftovers

By Pat Mills Your family not crazy about the same dish reheated again the second time? Let’s take those leftovers and remake them into new dishes. – Pat Meatloaf burritos…