Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Current sheriff Garry Bush is the 46th in Ray County history

By Linda Emley This story is near and dear to me because it reminds me of what my life might have been like if I had chosen a different path.…

Meet the Need reach felt in Ray Co.

Non-denominational group’s primary focus is work assistance for northern Clay, Ray residents By David Knopf/Richmond News Kris Peoples and like-minded friends at a Lawson church wondered what they could do…

The reasons for health care overhaul are the same and benefits already accruing

By Congressman Emanuel Cleaver As promised, I wanted to continue to keep you updated on the very latest concerning the Affordable Care Act.  The Web site problems have been frustrating,…

Five reasons, as good as any, to party

By Jason Offutt Holidays are … well, they’re amazing. These are days set up to honor people we don’t know, who did things we don’t remember, but drink to all…

LIttle is known about RPD history

By Linda Emley A few weeks ago I got a call at the museum from Amy Sisson. Amy is a Richmond police officer and she told me she was looking…

In the spirit of giving

This Christmas season give a homemade gift to your co-worker, mailman, or neighbor. Start with some Chex mix, fudge and homemade fruit breads to put smiles on everyone’s face. –…

Tree, decorations join festivities

If the weather cooperates, Friday night’s Santa visit to Orrick should be ushered in with additional festivity this year. Between 5 and 5:30 p.m., Mayor Cindy Lampton will throw the…

Santa’s best helper brings cheer to Orrick

By David Knopf, News Editor Ask Sarah Fulte how long she’s been involved in bringing Santa to town for Orrick’s kids and she just laughs. “All my life,” she says.…

Jo’s Jottings: P.E.O. luncheon at golf course featured preview of ‘Nuncrackers’

By Jo Ellen Dale Janet Sneed, buyer for the Ray County Memorial Hospital gift shop, writes that an Open House held Sunday, Dec. 1 was a big success and the…

Guest Opinion: Rural hospitals need expanded Medicaid

By State Rep. Chris Kelly The most important issue facing the 2014 Missouri Legislature is whether to expand state health care coverage to working people who earn up to 138…