Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Hardin schools, city grapple with water-main breaks

By Shawn Roney, for the Richmond News Hardin-Central Superintendent Martin Griffin has a plan to get his school district through Hardin’s latest emergency – and last Tuesday night, he shared…

Maurice Roberts Park opened with hoopla

By Linda Emley The Richmond Missourian ran this picture on the front page Thursday, Aug. 17,1939. The caption said, “A local Fishing Group of 32 Years Ago. Standing left to…

Morning meal ideas

Need a hot meal on the table in the morning? These cafe-worthy meals have easy-to-follow directions and come together in less than 30 minutes. From the creamy filling in the…

Senior center hosts Valentine’s dinner, dance

Ray County Senior Center is hosting a Valentine’s Day dinner and dance Friday, Feb. 14, at the center, 1015 Royle St. in Richmond. The event begins with a sit-down dinner…

Wrestlemania returns: Richmond event to aid local family with ailing son

World League Wrestling returns to Richmond March 1 with a card that includes a local competitor and will benefit a local toddler with serious medical problems. As is the custom,…

Snow, white barn and trees bring out winter’s best

Jo’s Jottings: Eating three meals out at civic clubs in one day a personal best

By Jo Ellen Dale I am sure that all of you are as ready for Spring as am I.  For the first time since I have been a member, Kiwanis…

War hero Israel Hendley buried in an out-of-the-way graveyard

By Linda Emley In Richmond, there is a small family cemetery that lies in the middle of West Lexington Street. It’s the Martin Family Cemetery and was originally part of…

‘Fairy Godmother’ prom dress event Feb. 22

It’s possible to find a fabulous prom dress for just $10 – or, by trade. Prom dresses will be available to any area high school student through the Fairy Godmother…

Tickets available for Feb. 22 Rotary Reverse Raffle

Tickets are still available for Richmond Rotary’s ninth annual Reverse Raffle Saturday, Feb. 22, at Ray County Memorial Veterans Building, 312 Clark St. Tickets are $125 and include two meals,…