Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

The top readers at Hardin-Central Elementary were honored Dec. 20 by Masonic Lodge 57 and area businesses. The Lodge, Hardin-Central Elementary and the businesses teamed up again for the Bikes…

Jo’s Jotting: Holidays a time of travel, family and, this year, very cold weather

By Jo Ellen Dale On Dec. 8, Larry and Kathy Best and some of their family attended the ballet “The Nutcracker” at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.  Those…

Life of adventure, prowess with guns made Elmer Keith famous

By Linda Emley As an adult, I’m always sad when Christmas day is over. We spend a lot of time and money getting ready for Christmas and it is over…

Pat’s Pantry: Hearty homemade meals

By Pat Mills Christmas breakfast is a big deal in our house. The grandkids have to wait to open presents until after breakfast, so they can’t wait for the food…

Postcards: Couple married in store just before Christmas

By Linda Emley The best Christmas memories are made from traditions we shared with our family and friends. Some of my favorite memories are opening one present on Christmas Eve…

Jason: If opossums are cute, everything’s cute

By Jason Offutt I knew the popcorn in the snow was going to be trouble. “Why’d you throw food on the back porch?” I asked my wife, who has the…

State Representative weighs in no-call law, Boeing offer

By Rep. Joe Don McGaugh Nothing seems to be more annoying than to be actively involved with your daily life and be interrupted by the phone ringing only to find…

Norborne student Samantha Gibson earns MFB honor

A panel of judges selected Samantha Gibson of Norborne  and Mason Kiehl of Columbia as 2014 Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassadors during the organization’s 99th annual meeting Dec. 8 at the…

Books 4 Bikes program encourages reading, fun, exercise

Jo’s Jottings: Connie Taylor presents talks on new RC Women’s Resource Center

By Jo Ellen Dale Hope you are staying warm in this up-and- down weather.  On the news I see that we are in for more of the same. Well, it…