UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Sweet eats and desserts

No matter how many recipes I look at, I’m always drawn to the desserts, cookies and pies. I just can’t help myself.  Any kind of apple with caramel on it…

Tales from the grave

By Linda Emley I spend a good deal of time walking the cemeteries of Ray County. Sometimes I’m looking for a particular person and sometimes I’m just looking. I’ve never left…

Postcards: Rock-‘em, sock-‘em Demo Derby has long been local favorite

By Linda Emley On Saturday, July 20 at 7:30 p.m. there is going to be a Demolition Derby at the Ray County Fair Grounds. I’ve always wanted to drive a…

Capitol Report: Joe Don McGaugh … Governor signs bills to protect Missouri children

By Rep. Joe Don McGaugh Governor Nixon signed several bills this week focused on promoting the health and well-being of our young people. These are pieces of legislation I supported…

Ray County Fair: Dog Show Results

Ray County Fair: Sheep Show Results

Jo’s Jottings: From clubs, to coffees, to lunch with relatives, a week on the go

By Jo Ellen Dale Barb Hardwick writes that she and her brother, Jim and wife Vicki O’Dell of Neosho, flew to Anchorage, Alaska and rented a car for a 10-day…

As I Was Saying: Descriptions of London weather not all wet

By Jason Offutt Author’s note: I recently spent three and a half weeks teaching in London. In recent weeks, I’ve been exploring what it was like living in that city.…

Jack Remembers: Better be milk or cream in that sweet treat

By Jack Hartley Something was up.  We were milking early.  It was 1941 and I was 7 years old.  Every once in a while we would milk the cows early…

Bright breakfasts

For breakfast or supper, I found this great recipe for a cowboy quiche that’s just wonderful.  This sausage hash uses colorful vegetables to give it a perky look and what…