Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 65)

Jo’s Jottings: When groups meet, count on food, friends and information

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club June 11, Steve Meyer made a report on the status of the annual Bill George Golf Tournament. …

Orrick FFA officers win honors in public speaking

Richmond members attend leadership camp in Ozarks State Park, return with honors

By Joe Robinson Richmond FFA Advisor During the week of June 3-7, Richmond FFA members attended the Missouri State FFA Leadership Camp.  FFA Leadership Camp is held at Camp Rising…

This column endorsed by Sir Isaac Newton

By Jason Offutt I only casually glanced at the movie playing in the family room, but I knew what would happen. The heroes, flying in a passenger jet to somewhere…

Old fashion country cooking

Nothing says country cooking like a pan of golden fried fish, straight from the creek – or the age old creaminess of baked custard just like grandma used to make.…

Civil War foes laid to rest side-by-side

Bt Linda Emley There is a field northeast of Millville that was once owned by Benjamin Franklin McCuistion. Its legal description is Township 54, Range 26, Section 31. Ben was…

Back Beat: Why the neighborhood library and Lady Jane are best friends forever

By Tim Osburn Lady Jane is a bibliophile. The home we share is filled with books. They are scattered hither and yon throughout the house, but concentrated mostly in our…

2013 Relay for Life: Christal’s Cavalry

Miss Ray County Pageant: Three’s not a crowd

Jo’s Jottings: A day so busy I had nothing left in the tank for Relay for Life

By Jo Ellen Dale The regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club was held June 4 at the 19th Hole.  Again I received many good wishes as it happened to…