Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 6)

NO FUSS DINNER

Round out your supper with this assortment of simply delicious dishes full of flavor. The cinnamon swirl cake is a good cake for potlucks. There is rarely a crumb leftover. …

HAPPY NEW YEAR

We have come to the end of  another year. So, to celebrate New Year’s Eve, we must have some appetizers to bring in the new year. I hope you have…

In retirement, more time to gather, sort collectibles

Lonny and Sandy McIntyre, owners of Hardin’s Flood Plain Trading Co., count down to Dec. 31 By David Knopf-News Editor It only takes one question to discover that Lonny and Sandy…

The Hills were alive … at the Richmond News for 67 years

Three owners and 100 years later, The News endures as the ‘Voice of Ray County’ By Liz Johnson-Richmond News Staff In September we celebrated 100 years of serving Ray County…

COOKIES FOR SANTA

Are you ready for Santa? How about the cookies? Surprise Santa with some of these cookies and he will leave some special gifts under your tree.  – Pat Soft cut-out…

It’s 1941, weeks after Pearl Harbor, yet Christmas went on in Richmond

By Linda Emley Ithink by now everyone knows I live in the past most of the time. I love the good-ol’ days and the way things were before modern tech…

HOLIDAY TREATS

It’s 17 days ‘til Christmas. We have to hurry if we are going to get all our holiday baking and candy-making done. I love to give homemade gifts to friends.…

We rent cars and cement mixers; why not families?

By Sara Seidel-For the Richmond News Since Christmas is all about being with family, what does a fellow do if he doesn’t have one? He rents one, of course. That’s…

Life changed dramatically for Ray Countians after ‘Day of Infamy’

By Linda Emley As December started in 1941, no one knew that the world as they knew it, was about to change. The war in Europe was two years old,…

Holiday season in 1958 Richmond had a few things in common with 2014

By Linda Emley I like to consider myself a time traveler, but my “time machine” only travels one direction because it’s always stuck in reverse. When I feel the need to…