Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 4)

True grit

Primitive New Hope Baptist is a testament to the pioneer stock of Ray County By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer Imagine the primitive life that the earliest pioneers of Ray County lived…

IT’S APPLE SEASON

The apple orchards are full of red shiny apples and bright green ones. So, let’s cook some up.  Let’s can some applesauce and apple butter for the winter. Bake an…

Parent involvement at the elementary level

By Piper Peterson/Principal at Dear Elementary When most people think of parent involvement, they picture moms being room mothers for parties or dads volunteering in classrooms. These are a couple…

The genealogy revolution, part 2: ‘It’s fun to SHARE’

By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer HISTORIAN JENNIFER TEICHMAN-KERR Jennifer Teichman-Kerr is an historical staple around Lexington history circles. Her family goes back seven generations in Lafayette County through her paternal side.…

Our ancestors are the landmark by which we know the way

By Liz Johnson/Staff Writer for Living 50-Plus Family historians are a rare bunch. They know their family lineage and are often able to ramble off birth and death dates, marriage…

Film-turned-musical is RCCAA’s Christmas offering

‘Wonderful Life’ musical cast selected, with more actors needed By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor The cast of “It’s a Wonderful Life, the Musical” has been announced – but it’s incomplete,…

Photographers earn ribbons in RCCAA show

By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Editor Winners in the Ray County Community Arts Association Outlaw Days Photography Show have been announced. Pat Dickerson won both the People’s Choice and the Judge’s…

Two cats in need of loving homes

Remembering the infamous day, stuck in Chicago

Every time Sept. 11 comes around, I think about my trip to Chicago in 2001 on that infamous day. My best friend and client, Cecil Troutwine, who owned Chicago Beer,…

The lure of the road; riding to eat

Motorcyclist group stops at Daddy’s 10-13 Diner By Jason Beets/Richmond News Staff A group of retired motorcyclists provided Daddy’s 10-13 Diner with great reviews after the bikers stopped by the restaurant…