Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Ray County icon Alexander Doniphan spoke at 1874 Lawson Picnic

By Linda Emley One day I was at the Enchanted Frog in Lathrop and I decided to swing through Lawson on my way back to Richmond. It was getting close…

Ray sheriffs have colorful history

By Linda Emley A few months ago, I was asked by Sheriff Garry E. Bush to write a history of the Ray County Sheriff’s Department for a book to be published…

Hold the sugar

These recipes use less fat, sugar or salt and are great for diabetics. Adding 2 or 3 cups of cooked chicken or turkey to the veggie macaroni salad will make…

Rock Falls church Fishing Derby reelin’ and a rockin’

The brotherhood of Rock Falls Baptist Church sponsored a Fishing Derby Saturday, June 14 at a local pond for 23 boys and girls. Twelve adults assisted.  Following the Derby, a…

RHS grad, a biology researcher, has work published

Blake Alexander Simmons, a 2009 graduate of Richmond High School, has recently been recognized for his research on eastern gray squirrels. Simmons is currently a student at the University of…

GED grads praised for completing education

Jo’s Jottings: Kiwanians have two chances to learn about Battle of Albany weekend

By Jo Ellen Dale On Tuesday, June 24, the Richmond Kiwanis Club held meetings at noon and in the evening.  There were more in attendance than last month, which pleased…

Election 2014: ‘Giving back’ motivates McGinnis election bid

By Sara Seidel, Staff Writer Editor’s note: Ray County Presiding Commissioner Bob King is retiring from that post at the end of this term, and five candidates—three Democrats and two…

Maurice Roberts would be pleased

The Main Street entrance to Maurice Roberts Park has a new look, thanks to Daniel Stigall and his Eagle Scout project. Stigall, who will be a junior at Richmond High…

For MVCAA, ‘back to school’ bells already ringing

By David Knopf, News Editor It’s not quite that time of year yet – kids, teachers relax – but at least one Richmond organization can hear school bells ringing. Missouri…