Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

BRIGHT BREAKFASTS

For breakfast or supper, I found this great recipe for a cowboy quiche that’s just wonderful.  This sausage hash uses colorful vegetables to give it a perky look and provides…

From Custer’s last stand to court business, 1876 paper had the news!

By Linda Emley There are few things I love more than picking up an old newspaper and reading it for the first time. It’s like going back in time and…

Ray County skirmish may be the real last battle of the Civil War

By Linda Emley James Michener has always been one of my favorite authors. I love the way he shared a story about a group of people that lived in one…

SUMMER PICNIC SALADS

Summer is here and so are BBQs and picnics. A cool salad is always a hit on a hot summer day.  The fruity pasta salad is one of my favorite…

Memorial Day a perfect time to honor our loved ones

By Linda Emley Memorial Day weekend is one of my favorite holidays because some of my best memories are from the days when my grandmother, Mildred Kell Schooler and I,…

FINGER FOODS

Many of us are getting ready for graduation.  I like to have finger foods for this celebration because lots of people come and go and visit many of our graduates’…

Publisher against publisher, all over the 1915 hitch racks

By Linda Emley Afriend asked me what was my favorite Ray County story. I couldn’t decide, but one of my favorites is the “summer of 1915” and the battle of…

RE-PRINTING A FEW RECIPES

I have had a few requests to repeat a recipe, so here are some of them.  These are made often in our house and everyone looks forward to them. You…

1923 demo derby ‘Auto Polo’ ended in mock fisticuffs

By Linda Emley Two years ago, I wrote a story about the demolition derbies of Ray County. On Saturday, May 2 at 7:30 p.m., this year’s derby will take place…

TRiED AND TRUE BEST RECIPES

I made some of the best food this week.  The spaghetti casserole was very good, but I will try it with spaghetti squash next time just to cut the carbs.…