Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Black Friday shopping on a community level

By Jason Beets/Staff Writer Black Friday is known for its special deals, determined shoppers and frantic atmosphere. People shop to buy things for themselves as well as Christmas gifts for…

News’ readers capture the beauty, surroundings of Ray County

The 2017 Richmond News Calendar Contest Winners Images of backyard beauty were found and captured by readers of the Richmond News. The third annual newspaper photo calendar contest offered still-life…

Richmond turns to tinseltown next week

By Sara Seidel/Staff Writer You’ve seen a fabulous black-and-white movie. Now, you’ve got a chance to see a beloved holiday show, with fresh interpretations by actors who are local favorites…

Pat’s Thanksgiving Pantry

Let’s give thanks for family, friends and good food. This Thanksgiving let’s cook an amazing turkey dinner with all the trimmings. SAGE DRESSING 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage 1 medium onion, chopped 2 celery…

Iraq war veteran brings tattoo artistry to Richmond

By Sara Seidel/Richmond News Staff Writer So. Does it hurt? The stick of a tattoo needle, that is. Does it hurt? Perhaps it doesn’t matter, because something else motivates people…

Combat and culture clashes spark creativity

Local Iraq War veteran uses photography as therapy to deal with PTSD By Leah Wankum/Richmond News Editor After seeing combat action during the Iraq War six years ago, one local…

Extra Life Marathon raises $1,403 for children’s hospitals

Richmond detective plans to host the fundraiser again next year By Jason Beets/Richmond News Staff Participants and sponsors contributed $1,403 at Richmond’s first ever Extra Life Marathon last weekend. Richmond…

Our vote: Keep writing your columns, Jack

I have always said I was going to quit writing “Jack Remembers” when I hit 1,000 columns. Well, today is my 1,000th column.  Since we have all just voted this…

The Addams Family: ‘They’re creepy and they’re kooky’

And they’re coming to the Farris Theatre RHS cast takes the stage this weekend By Jason Beets/Richmond News Staff The Richmond High School Fine Arts Department will present “The Addams…

River City Players Fall play opens Nov. 4-5 in Lexington

“Till death do us part?” features ghostly love triangle Elvira Condomine takes issue with the wedding vow,  “Till death do us part.” This vow does not apply to her or…