Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Political corruption, jobs reasons for the Greitens vote

I recently asked my readers why they voted for Eric Greitens for governor instead of Chris Koster, who had the endorsement of all the major farm organizations, including Farm Bureau,…

Pat’s Pantry: Country Cooking

Whether you’re a beginning cook or a well-seasoned veteran, you can easily impress friends and family with some country recipes.   WILTED LETTUCE   4 cups torn leaf lettuce 1 small…

Meeting the needs of a new generation of seniors

Facility received a 5-star rating from U.S. News & World Report By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer – Living 50-Plus, Richmond News The aging game has changed. It’s not the same…

50th anniversary of Richmond American Legion brings together local war veterans

By Leah Wankum, Editor An eclectic group of veterans and their loved ones gathered for the 50th anniversary of the American Legion in Richmond. “It’s a really good turnout, and…

From jive to Swing as the Farris Concert Season resumes

By Sara Seidel/Staff Writer Two musical sounds – a jiving rhythm and blues band and a smooth Big Band orchestra – may seem to have little in common. Except when…

Guardians of the gravestones

Organizations partner to restore tombstones in historic Lexington cemetery By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer Machpelah Cemetery is one of the most beautiful spots in Lexington. It’s sunny, peaceful, rolling and…

Bright and Bold: Mural jazzes up restaurant’s exterior

by Sara Seidel, Staff Writer He whistles while he works. Raul Cauich is sprucing up the exterior of Tequila Jalisco, Richmond’s Mexican restaurant, a task he clearly enjoys. “I like…

Senior Center: A celebration of life

Ray County Senior Center provides socialization, meals, activities and education By Liz Johnson, Staff Writer As humans, we all value our independence. That doesn’t change after we reach a certain…

Hi, Hi, Birdie!

Big bluebird back on display at library A 4-foot-tall bluebird “flew” into Richmond in 1976. It stayed for years, but then it disappeared. And now it’s back. The bird arrived…

RMS band, vocal students perform live at music festival

By Jason Beets, Staff Writer A culmination of practice, hard work and talent resulted in a musical experience for several Richmond middle school students, some of them for their first…