Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

A Blue Plate  Special

Remember stopping at that little diner for supper and on the chalkboard easel is the daily blue plate special? You can almost always find a chicken-fried steak dinner listed.  Well,…

Over hill and dale, memories live on

Former Ray Countian retraces her past, through county roads and pastures to Lillard School By David Knopf/News Editor It’s more than 60 years since Mary Schroeder left Ray County, seven…

Ten-acre lot held Richmond College, high school, war headquarters

By Linda Emley In a few weeks, the children of Ray County will be heading off to a new school year so I’m sharing some of the stories of school…

TWICE-BAKED GOODNESS

Are you a potato lover?  These twice-baked potatoes will be a popular side dish for any meal, or you can serve them as the main dish.  These recipes are all…

Remembering Harold Calvert for his service

Presidential commendation By David Knopf/News Editor Marjorie Calvert had never seen a letter like the one her neighbor brought to the door. In fact, the resident of Morningside Drive in…

Fire, revivals, a cyclone: the summer of 1915 was one to remember

By Linda Emley A few years ago, I was working on a story about the Woodson Institute, and after reading the Richmond Conservator for four hours, I realized the summer…

A good home-cooked meal

If you’re a fried chicken lover, you will love this parmesan chicken recipe because it’s baked. That saves a lot in calories and fat. Paired with onion-roasted potatoes this meal’s…

Cole, Berg to marry in November

Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Cole of Richmond are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Leslyn Cole, to Dallas Berg, son of Austin and Twyla Berg, also of Richmond.…

Remembering Alexander Doniphan on his 207th birthday

By Linda Emley, For The Richmond News Thursday July 9, 2015, may just be a normal day in Ray County, but I planned to make it a special day because…

A Taste of the Southwest

Let’s shake up dinner with south-of-the border meals.  From soups, salads and main dish to dessert, you can put a little spice in supper tonight. MARGARITA BARS Base: 1 3/4 cups all-purpose…