UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 141)

Photographer Orval Hixon’s early life remains a mystery

If Postcards Could Talk/By Linda Emley   I wanted to share some stories about Orval Hixon’s early days in Richmond, but I haven’t been able to find much about his private…

Apple Harvest recipes

Pat’s Pantry/By Pat Mills Apple harvest starts in September and runs through the middle of November. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would take us to an…

Rotary raises $1,000 for local food pantry

Jo’s Jottings/By Jo Ellen Dale   Ilah Logston spent the weekend in Jefferson City with son, Mike, and family. They all attended a performance of “Godspell,” in which grandson, Seth, was…

Photographer of the stars got his start in Richmond

If Postcards Could Talk/By Linda Emley In Weston, Mo. there’s a shop called the “Sundance Photo Gallery”. It is located in a building that was formerly a saloon, a doctor’s…

Vegetable dishes everyone will love

Want a side dish that’s good enough to eat alone or with a meat dish? Scalloped carrots are a great dish to take to a pot luck or church gathering,…

They pulled the plug on Pine Valley, but Richmond lives on

By Linda Emley   On Sept 23, there was a party in Pine Valley. The whole town gathered ‘round while Tad Martin made a toast to all the people past…

Tale reminds us how two churches became one

Mailed from Richmond, Mo. on Apr. 14, 1909 to Miss Florence Laukford, Lexington College, Lexington, Mo.: “Dear Florence, Have you forgotten ‘Little Tiny’? I haven’t heard from you for an…

A week on the go, full of friends and news

This has been a busy week for me beginning with the Kiwanis meeting on Tuesday.  The program was presented by Miss Mandy Miller who is confined to a wheelchair because…

No rest ‘til Taylor Roadside Park keeps its place in history

Sometimes people ask me, “When are you going to run out of stories?” I always laugh and say, “Never. Because there is always another story waiting just around the next…

Stick to your ribs good food

With cooler weather comes the desire to heat up the oven and start cooking hearty meals again. The beans and sausage casserole is a big hit for cookouts or family…