Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 137)

Special lunch-box sandwiches

Pat’s Pantry/By Pat Mills Tired of packing the same old peanut butter and jelly, or ham and cheese sandwich everyday for lunch? How about a treat of apples and tuna,…

For seniors, a new fitness option at Eagleton Center

By David Knopf/News Editor There’s equal parts of the past, present and future in the new exercise room at Ray County Senior Center. The equipment, donated by former commercial gym…

Stet School Board preparing for future funding scenarios

By Mark Johnson/For The Richmond News This school year, Stet R-XV is on solid financial footing, assisted in part by cost savings created by the shift to a four-day week.…

So far, so good for Stet 4-day school week

By Mark Johnson/For The Richmond News Can Stet R-XV, a small rural Missouri K-12 school with 64 students, successfully make the transition to a four-day week without negatively impacting academics?…

Sports theme next for churches’ Logos program

Jo’s Jottings/By Jo Ellen Dale The second annual O’Dell-Brizendine family reunion was held Sunday, Sept. 25, at the home of Bernita Carter. Good food and fellowship was enjoyed by all.…

Box Suppers preceded homecoming, but who was Harry?

If Postcards Could Talk/By Linda Emley   Since Richmond is celebrating Homecoming this week, I want to share some history of how it has changed over the years. I thought…

Photographer Orval Hixon’s early life remains a mystery

If Postcards Could Talk/By Linda Emley   I wanted to share some stories about Orval Hixon’s early days in Richmond, but I haven’t been able to find much about his private…

Apple Harvest recipes

Pat’s Pantry/By Pat Mills Apple harvest starts in September and runs through the middle of November. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would take us to an…

Rotary raises $1,000 for local food pantry

Jo’s Jottings/By Jo Ellen Dale   Ilah Logston spent the weekend in Jefferson City with son, Mike, and family. They all attended a performance of “Godspell,” in which grandson, Seth, was…

Photographer of the stars got his start in Richmond

If Postcards Could Talk/By Linda Emley In Weston, Mo. there’s a shop called the “Sundance Photo Gallery”. It is located in a building that was formerly a saloon, a doctor’s…