UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 137)

Annual ALS Walk attracts more than 100 walkers, raises almost $7,000

43rd chamber banquet, successful ALS walk highlight a busy week

By Jo Ellen Dale Sue Davidson recently attended the State Farm Insurance Co. convention in Las Vegas, Nev. It was held at the Connie Mack convention center. Sue’s son, Mike,…

DAR’s impact on country, Ray County significant

(Pictured is Marie Watkins Oliver, a Ray Countian and DAR member who helped design Missouri’s flag)   By Linda Emley On Saturday afternoon, Feb. 20, 1909, 17 women gathered at…

Week of October 17

EVERY SATURDAY UNTIL LATE OCTOBER From 7 a.m. to noon, Richmond Farmer’s Market gathers on College Street on the west side of Ray County Courthouse. There is no vendor fee.…

Lasting relationships prove: Friends once, friends forever

By Linda Emley This is a story about friends. How many times have we thought about some old friend and wonder why we didn’t stay in touch? Friends come…

Hearty homemade meals

Nothing screams comfort like a meal with meat and gravy. It’s a dish that has been serve since your childhood. Whether it’s beef and noodles or mushroom chicken and don’t…

Sisterly love survives, thrives in close quarters

“If I have to stop this car, you are REALLY going to get it!” It was an age-old warning, and it had almost no impact on my sister’s children. They…

Trash talkin’ a little too close to home

Kansas City has installed security cameras at 30 locations where people illegally dump trash along the road and in vacant lots. Both the city and the county where I live…

See you At the Pole Global Day of Student Prayer

See You at the Pole, the global day of student prayer, began in 1990 as a grass roots movement with ten students praying at their school. More than two decades…

Millville 4-H club notes

On Oct. 5, Millville 4-H met with 24 members present and 15 guests. Officer elections were held and the following were elected: President Kaitlyn Rowan, Vice President Tiffany Parker, Secretary…