UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 136)

With Farris Theatre lore and organic farm program, it’s a busy week

By Jo Ellen Dale The regular meeting of Richmond Kiwanis Club was held at The 19th Hole restaurant with a large group of members and visitors present Oct. 18. A very…

Rayville, facing disincorporation, has deep roots in Ray

By Linda Emley Since Rayville has been in the news lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about what it would be like without Rayville in our lives. Many things in…

Friends agree: Bea my inspiration

By David Knopf, News Editor On Wednesday, Richmond art teacher Bea Hendrix introduced a ceramics project to a group of Dear Elementary kindergarteners. It may be 15 or 20 years…

Jack Remembers: Brushing teeth risky at “adult motel”

By Jack Hackley My Army reunion this year was in Branson.  Since my wife Laura wasn’t doing too well, I decided to get up early Saturday morning, drive to Branson,…

On Oct. 29, join a Civil War reenactor for photos at the museum

By Linda Emley On April 15, 1861, Abe Lincoln issued a proclamation calling for 75,000 militia to unite to suppress the insurrection of the southern states and the American Civil…

Halloween Treats

Are you planning a Halloween party for your young ones? Surprise them with homemade treats that look as good as the ones in the store. Caramel apples, popcorn balls and…

Week of October 24

MONDAY, OCTOBER 24  Beginning at 5:15 p.m. with weigh-in, Weight Watchers will meet at the Ray County Health Department, 820 E. Lexington St., Richmond. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25 At 7 p.m.,…

Richmond High School drama department performs ‘The Zombie’ this weekend.

“The Zombie,”  a fall production of the Richmond High School drama department, will be staged Friday at 5 p.m., Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the…

Annual ALS Walk attracts more than 100 walkers, raises almost $7,000

43rd chamber banquet, successful ALS walk highlight a busy week

By Jo Ellen Dale Sue Davidson recently attended the State Farm Insurance Co. convention in Las Vegas, Nev. It was held at the Connie Mack convention center. Sue’s son, Mike,…