UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 133)

Colorful railroad lore wrote a chapter in Hardin

By Linda Emley This picture of the Hardin, Mo., Depot was taken on Oct 16, 1972 by William F. Rapp Jr. I recently purchased this picture and two other pictures…

There’s only one sure way to avoid Black Friday insanity

My biggest surprise in writing this column was to find how people who move from their home town continue to take the hometown paper. I wrote an article about three…

Pat’s Pantry: ‘Tis the season of giving

By Pat Mills This season give a gift of love and sweetness. Homemade candies come from the heart. These recipes are easy to make and have just a few ingredients,…

Courageous stand a milestone in Mormon, Richmond history

By Linda Emley, There’s a white fence that stands in the middle of the block on Buchanan Street between Thornton and College Street in Richmond. On Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011,…

Helping others made job rewarding

People from all over north central Missouri came to give their best wishes to Allen Gentry, who retired last week after working with the USDA for 40 years. (Photo by…

Santa visits Ray Co. children Saturday

Isabella Smith, 3, of Richmond appears to be enamored with the jolly old man during her visit Saturday at Richmond Middle School, part of the Breakfast with Santa event. Isabella…

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Kylie Hibbard, 7, of Henrietta takes in all the sights and sounds of the inaugural Richmond Christmas Light Parade Thursday at Richmond Square. Hibbard was part of the Henrietta Baptist…

Library computer class sign-up Dec. 16

Ray County Library will host beginner computer classes starting January 2012. Classes include: • Introduction to Computers  - computer terminology and component identification, operating a mouse and a basic introduction…

THE ONE THAT DIDN’T GET AWAY

Ken Williams has now caught two catfish believed to weigh over 40 pounds apiece in a pond on Shirkey Golf Course property. He didn’t have a camera available the first…

Area doctor, family become U.S. citizens

Richmond physician Daniel Paul, his wife Glory (center) and daughter Becky took the oath of citizenship at the federal courthouse in Kansas City on Nov. 17. Their son, Jonathan, was…