UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 132)

Lost in a fog, taken by storm

By Jack Hackley Every once in a while I drive on I-70 100 miles from Columbia to Oak Grove and back. There are two lanes of solid traffic both ways,…

Everyday eats

The holidays are over and it’s back to 9 to 5 work days. I like recipes that you can make a day or two ahead and then pull out of…

As the world turns, so does the Rotary

Growing up in Richmond, everyone knew there was a Rotary Club but many of us didn’t know much about what it did. We would see the club’s logo around town…

Which New Year’s Eve party to attend?

By Linda Emley New Year’s Eve has always been a time to spend with your friends and Richmond has had its share of New Year eve parties. In the good…

Italian exchange student at home in Richmond

Relaxing in front of their fireplace shortly before decorating their Christmas tree are Kalynn Persell, Edoardo Brioschi and Justin Persell and their parents, Mike and Andrea Persell. (Photo by Mark…

Looking forward to a party

Are you throwing a New Years Eve party or going to one and need a good appetizer? Be safe this year with some non-alcoholic drinks and fun foods. I also…

1934: Turkeys fly in Richmond

By Linda Emley In 1929, the stock market crashed and the “Great Depression” started. Franklin D. Roosevelt became our president in 1933 and started the “New Deal” which provided the…

Times change but threads of Christmas tradition seem to survive

By Linda Emley In 1920, the Richmond Missourian newspaper started a new Christmas tradition. Every December they’d run a special edition of the paper that was called the “Homecoming Edition.”…

Toy story: American Legion Women’s Auxiliary donates toys for needy

For two Orrick girls, special day for a parade

Darian Robbins and Elizabeth Lafferty, sophomore members of the Orrick High School Dance Team, recently traveled to Florida to perform in the 2011 Disney Christmas Parade. The girls were part…