UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 128)

Faith Lutheran celebrates 40 years

Faith Lutheran Church, 805 E. Lexington St.in Richmond, will celebrate its 40th anniversary with a Thanksgiving and Praise service at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12. Former pastor Rev. Dr. Mark…

Webelos asking for recipes for community cookbook

Two things will be accomplished if parents of a group of Webelo scouts succeed this week in their fundraising project. The central goal is to make sure every boy in…

Mr. Valentine pageant Feb. 19

Richmond High School’s annual Mr. Valentine pageant is Sunday, Feb. 19, at the Farris Theatre. The event, sponsored by the RHS National Honor Society, begins at 3 p.m. Nine high…

Masonic mountain oyster, fish fry Saturday

Richmond Masonic Lodge is hosting a Rocky Mountain oyster and fish fry Saturday at the Eagleton Center, 1015 W. Royle St. in Richmond from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Entree…

WWF wrestling comes back to Richmond Friday

Eight-time world heavyweight champion Harley Race returns to the Richmond City Hall community center Friday as the headline performer in a deep card of World League Wrestling matches. The event…

Speakers help club members understand the needs of others

By Jo Ellen Dale A regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club was held Jan. 31 at the 19th Hole restaurant.  During the business meeting conducted by Pres. Vickie McGinnis,…

: Forrest and Dorothea Wollard: 70 years and going strong

By David Knopf, News Editor The odds weren’t in their favor, but Forrest and Dorothea Wollard persevered. The couple, who’ll celebrate their 70th anniversary the day before Valentine’s To further…

Remembering when a shooting star landed here

By Linda Emley If you ask anyone in Richmond where the nearest airplane is, they’ll tell you it’s at the city park. We all know it’s there but the question…

Simple times when recycling was just a way of life

By Doug Bratcher The home I was reared in had almost zero waste many years before it would become fashionable. Food didn’t come in fancy packaging in a box that…

Some readers must love to hate

By Jack Hartley Recently I did an article copying a critical letter sent to me by a person who would not sign his name. I had several responses to the…