Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 121)

Cat in the Hat leads the way for Read Across America

By Mark Johnson/Richmond News avorite childhood tales past and present will be shared this week as Richmond schools celebrate Read Across America, an annual nationwide event. The festivities began Monday…

Pat’s Pantry: S’more good meals

By Pat Mills These cute little s’mores cups are the greatest. You can have your favorite treat without building a fire outside. I remember always asking for a pan of…

How a chance encounter wrote a chapter of Ray County History

By Linda Emley East of Millville on Highway E, there is a beautiful old house that was originally the home of Isaiah Mansur. The home started life as a log…

ART AND SCIENCE: There’s room for self-expression in shaping your trees, but there’s also a science in how, when and where to make pruning cuts

By David Knopf, News Editor There’s ample opportunity for a grower to artfully shape fruit trees, but self-expression is best pursued with an understanding of the science behind pruning for…

What’s in a name? Plenty if you’re a historical figure

By Linda Emley Every February we get a three-day weekend and lots of stores have a big promotion known as the “President’s Day Sale”, but it’s not really President’s Day…

At 100, Uncle Henry Williams cut wood, just slower than before

By Linda Emley If I lived to be 100 years old, what would I want to do on my 100th birthday? I could think of lots of fun things to…

Best loved recipes

It’s always nice to share your favorite recipes. These were given to me by my granddaughter, and I think you will agree that they are the best. – Pat Sopapilla…

Farmer with Ray County ties wins Best Young Farmer honor

By the Richmond News staff Scott Rasa, a Lafayette County resident whose family has deep roots in Ray County, has been selected one of the 2012 America’s Best Young Farmers…

Black History Month time to reflect on minority’s role in Ray

By Linda Emley Since February is Black History Month, I want to share some history about how it started. First I wanted to make sure it was politically correct to…

Kiwanis Club creates scholarship to honor the late Don Jackson

By Jo Ellen Dale Nancy Brummall’s daughter Laura DeYarman and husband Kent made a recent trip to Southeast Asia.  They first went to Bangkok then on to Chang Mai, Thailand,…