UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 113)

Buhrmeisters celebrate 60 years

The family of Walter and Betty Buhrmeister invite you to participate in a card shower to celebrate the couple’s  60th wedding anniversary.  They were married on July 4,1952 in Hardin. …

Pat’s Pantry: For the love of chocolate

I had that “I want something chocolate” to snack on the other night, and it prompted me to go in search of a recipe. I couldn’t pass up this hot…

One thing leads to another, like the mystery man on the hill

By Linda Emley I was reading a 1917 Richmond Missourian newspaper on Saturday looking for an obituary. It’s impossible for me to read an old newspaper without skimming the other…

Richmond fireworks show June 29

A family-friendly event that celebrates the nation’s birthday will be Friday, June 29. Rain date is Sunday, July 1. American Celebration begins with a free swim at Southview Pool from…

A NIGHT OF LAUGHS

Richmond Economic Development, Inc. sponsors an adult evening of art, wine tasting and comedy June 23   Richmond Economic Development, Inc. presents an evening of wine, art and comedy Saturday,…

War of 1812 brought more to Ray County than National Anthem

By Linda Emley O say can you see by the dawn’s early light, What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars through…

Randall Franks’ Southern Style: Visitin’ meant never havin’ to say I’m comin’

By Randall Franks I am coming to the conclusion that the art of visitin’ is now a thing of the past for much of America. I can remember as a…

Programs highlight senior center, ALS, Uganda mission trip

By Jo Ellen Dale The Richmond Kiwanis Club met June 12 at the 19th Hole restaurant with 19 members present and two guests, Barb Dooley, wife of Bill Dooley, and…

Arrow Rock: Where history, quaint charm combine

the signs. It’s around a 65-mile trip from Richmond, an ideal distance for a day trip or an overnight. My preference is to drive through small towns and countryside, but…

Pat’s Pantry: Recipes for 2

By Pat Mills It’s always nice to find a recipe that serves one or two people and is very tasty. This creamy chocolate pudding satisfies a sweet tooth without any…