UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 112)

Coming and going, visitors and guests enjoy our hospitality

By Jo Ellen Dale Gene Haun writes that she had guests from Tuesday, June 18 to Thursday, June 21. Mr. and Mrs. Mack Everett of Magee, Miss. and their grandson,…

Lexington Summer Block Party July 7

Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Summer Block Party in downtown Lexington from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 7. The event will feature music, sidewalk sales, a…

Pat’s Pantry: Chips and Dip

By Pat Mills Each week I have to come with some dips for our bingo games. These dips can be served with potato chips, crackers, tortilla corn chips and even…

When the chips were down, judge did the right thing

By Linda Emley After the Masonic story a few weeks ago, I’ve been looking for the answer to who was the mystery man on the hill, the one that Rev.…

Ike was too popular to keep in office

By Jack Hackley It is probably the first time in history a defeated U.S. Congressman is so popular in his district that he cannot fulfill all the invitations to speak.…

Farris Youth Theatre presents ‘Aladdin Jr.’ this weekend

On Friday at 7 p.m., the Farris Youth Theatre Company, formerly known as the Farris All Stars, will present the first of three performances of the musical “Aladdin Jr.” Performances…

A BIG BANG EVENT

A fly over, skydivers and aerial fireworks display highlights of Richmond chamber annual event  A family-friendly event that celebrates the nation’s birthday will be Friday, June 29, at Southview Park…

Departing Sunrise principal thankful for community’s support

To the Editor: Four years ago, I was given an opportunity by Mr. Robins and the Richmond Board of Education to begin my administration career here in Richmond. I was…

In old Albany, strangers paid for slurring Confederate general

By Linda Emley In 1877, the Edward Brothers of Missouri printed an Illustrated Map of Ray County that listed the town of Albany, population 150. It was 1 mile north…

Busy week includes fascinating program on probation-parole

By Jo Ellen Dale At a regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club June 19, Lt. Gov. Bob Bond requested that we have an interclub with Carrollton and the club…