Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 107)

RHS FFA chapter leaders attend training in Marshall

By Kaitlyn Rowan Richmond FFA Chapter Reporter The Richmond FFA officers went to Marshall on May 30 for the Area 6 chapter officer training. The officers learned skills on how…

Whiskey made Dear John hurt less

Memorial Day always brings back memories of my service time. When I was in the infantry, every morning when we were in camp, everyone would fall out in formation for…

Pat’s Pantry: Totally Amazing

I’m the kind of person that when I run across an unusual recipe I have to try it once. I’m a big fan of fried onion rings, so when I…

Two Iwo Jima flag-raisings: one for real, another for show

By Linda Emley Many of us grew up watching John Wayne movies and loved all 250 of them. One of my favorite “Duke” movies has a Ray County connection. His…

Curator’s talk highlight of busy week

By Jo Ellen Dale Larry Brune has a new ride.  It is an oversize electric golf cart and he has promised some of the Wednesday Walkers a spin in it…

Lenny, the Gov have clout, politics or not

By Jack Hackley Back in 1970 when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV against Minnesota, Warren Hearnes called me and asked if I would bring Len Dawson to Jefferson City…

Pat’s Pantry – Southwest Flair

By Pat Mills Let’s try cooking foods from the Southwest this week, and let’s replace lasagna noodles with tortillas in this Mexican lasagna recipe and see how a combination of…

Newspapers recorded WW II events, emotions

By Linda Emley There are a few more stories from World War II that I want to share that are pieces of history that might be lost if they hadn’t…

Jo’s Jottings: Exchange student, now a retired doctor, returns for visit

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting on May 15, members of Kiwanis  were treated to an excellent program given by Brian Bush on drug use and paraphernalia. He…

After caring for other people’s kids for 22 years, it’s time

By David Knopf, News Editor If you look into Jo Ann Barringhaus’s eyes, you can see the fatigue. After 22 years watching the children of working families, she’s ready to…