Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 106)

Pat’s Pantry: What’s in grandma’s cookie jar?

By Pat Mills Do you have memories of sneaking a treat from grandma’s cookie jar? Here are some favorites that can fill your cookie jar with. Cinnamon jumbles are an…

Physicians have been part of Ray County since the beginning

By Linda Emley We recently moved the “Doctor’s Room” to a new location at the Ray County Museum. During this process I realized that I don’t know much about the…

National FFA gathering opens doors for members

To the Editor, The National FFA Organization provides leadership, personal growth and career success training through agricultural education to 540,379 members in grades seven through 12 who belong to one…

On Iwo Jima, two flags and more than one what-would-have-beens

By Linda Emley Joe Rosenthal’s picture of the flag raising at Iwo Jima won the 1945 Pulitzer Prize for photography. It’s the only photo to win the same year it…

Reunions, food options plentiful in Ray County this time of year

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting of Kiwanis Club on May 29, Lt. Gov. Bob Bond announced the need for an interclub meeting with local division clubs and…

Dale Carter: A go-karter’s formula for success

By David Knopf, News Editor It’s a hot early-summer day, but Dale Carter’s wearing a fire-retardant red jumpsuit, black gloves, a full protective helmet and a neck wrap. With his…

RHS FFA chapter leaders attend training in Marshall

By Kaitlyn Rowan Richmond FFA Chapter Reporter The Richmond FFA officers went to Marshall on May 30 for the Area 6 chapter officer training. The officers learned skills on how…

Whiskey made Dear John hurt less

Memorial Day always brings back memories of my service time. When I was in the infantry, every morning when we were in camp, everyone would fall out in formation for…

Pat’s Pantry: Totally Amazing

I’m the kind of person that when I run across an unusual recipe I have to try it once. I’m a big fan of fried onion rings, so when I…

Two Iwo Jima flag-raisings: one for real, another for show

By Linda Emley Many of us grew up watching John Wayne movies and loved all 250 of them. One of my favorite “Duke” movies has a Ray County connection. His…