Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 100)

Community rallies for the Spartans

Dear Elementary PTO meeting Aug. 28

Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles of students in Richmond R-XVI School District of students currently in preschool through 5th gradeare invited to the first PTO meeting  6:30 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 28,…

Pat’s Pantry: Dips and Snacks

By Pat Mills I ran across a dip recipe that’s a good universal dish for lots of things. This mustard pretzel dip is a wonderful dip, but also it’s great…

Frank James outlived Jesse but never enjoyed the same fame

By Linda Emley Everyone knows Jesse James, but his older brother Frank, always played “second fiddle”. Their family farm in Kearney is known as the “Jesse James Farm and Museum”,…

Jack Remembers: I learned everything about electricity when I put my finger in a socket

By Jack Hackley It is hard for me to realize that most people in this country today do not know what life was like without electricity because they have always…

Feature Page: Ray County mailboxes give as much as receive

By David Knopf, News Editor Rural Americans are a resourceful bunch, so they decorate the landscape with mailboxes that express their individuality. And there’s nothing wrong with it, the U.S.…

Jo’s Jottings: Walk for the Cure participants haven’t forgotten friend who succumbed to cancer

By Jo Ellen Dale Barb Pierce, Karen Green and Jackie Stanton all participated in the Susan G. Komen, Walk for the Cure on Sunday, Aug. 12 in memory of their…

Witnessing bank robbery was just one event in the major’s life

By Linda Emley As our history book tells it, “At half past three o’clock, Thursday, May 23, 1867, a band of brigands, eleven in number, heavily armed with navy pistols,…

PRAISE IN THE PARK

CME church comes together to produce an all-day gospel concert St. John CME had a unique church mission Saturday – the entire church coordinated and presented an all-day gospel concert,…

Competitors sought for first annual Outlaw Days Chili Cook-off

Outlaw Days, celebrating the Old West past of Richmond, is seeking competitors in its first annual Outlaw Days Chili Cook-off Saturday, Sept. 22 on Richmond Square. Entry fee is $20…