UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 100)

Jo’s Jottings: Kiwanis to help with Trick or Treat Street, lighting the square

By Jo Ellen Dale At the regular meeting of the Richmond Kiwanis Club Oct. 2, no regular program was scheduled as we always have a board meeting the first Tuesday…

LeVon Blair was the kind of friend we’d all like to have

By Linda Emley A few days ago I was reading a 1957 Richmond News and ran across a picture of a very dear friend of mine. It was titled “Grounded.”…

Even the playful title sounds Dr. Seussical

By David Knopf/Richmond News al characters, offbeat stories, humor and bright colors of Dr. Seuss are perfect candidates at attend “Seussical the Musical,” Oct. 12-14, at the Farris Theatre. A…

35 inducted to RHS National Honor Society

Thirty five students were inducted into Richmond’s National Honor Society Oct. 3 at the high school commons. NEW MEMBERS Jessica Austin Annie Barrett Trysten Bever Amanda Danner Megan Danner Abbie…

Pat’s Pantry: It’s Italian tonight

By Pat Mills I’m a pasta fan, any way you fix it. So here are some simple easy-to-prepare pasta dishes. The pepperoni pizza bake can be changed to add sausage,…

Oct. 19 Eagleton country shows revive Farris Opry memory

By Linda Emley On Friday, Oct. 19, Nashville is coming to Richmond and we’re planning on having a good-old time with Clarence Hayden and the Royal Country Band. Shirley Wheller,…

No Hackleys on the Isle of Wight and, apparently, no sense of humor in England

By Jack Hackley When I was in grade school, the teacher gave us an assignment for the next day to tell the class where your family came from, what nationality,…

The music your grandma loved … and still does

Jo’s Jottings: A busy week over, an even busier weekend awaits us this week

By Jo Ellen Dale On Tuesday, Sept. 25, the annual Awards Banquet of the Richmond Kiwanis Club was held at the 19th Hole restaurant. Special guests present were Gary Goebel,…

Judge’s 1919 stabbing at courthouse put Ray County in national spotlight

By Linda Emley It’s time once again to change the showcase at the Ray County Courthouse and since Halloween is just around the corner, we’re adding some old-fashioned Halloween items…