UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook

No let-up in Orrick native’s quest

By Shawn Roney, Richmond News Correspondent

Chad Kilgore feels at home in a place that’s more than 1,100 miles from where he grew up – and in a foreign country.
Kilgore, a 2008 Excelsior Springs High School graduate who grew up in nearby Orrick, is playing inside linebacker for the

Inside linebacker Chad Kilgore (No. 50) goes through his paces during a recent preseason practice with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Kilgore, an Excelsior Springs High School graduate who grew up in Orrick, is trying to win a roster spot with the Canadian football team. (Photo provided courtesy of the Saskatchewan Roughriders)

Saskatchewan Roughriders in the Canadian Football League. One reason he feels at home with the Roughriders is that the team’s colors are “identical” to those he wore at Northwest Missouri State, he said last week by phone.
“I’ve (even) got the same number (50),” said Kilgore, who was on the Bearcats’ 2009 NCAA Division II national championship team.
No doubt, Kilgore’s ability to learn the nuances of Canadian football has also helped him feel comfortable.

For the complete story, see the June 19 print edition of the Richmond News

Click here for our E-edition and read the rest of the story.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login