UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook

Prosecutor waiting for report details before deciding on abduction charges

By David Knopf/Richmond News

Rumors of the abduction of a 4-year-old boy from Ray County, fueled by postings on Facebook, were confirmed Friday by both law enforcement and the county prosecutor.

Officials are saying little, other than the abduction took place and police are continuing their investigation.

Sheriff’s Department Undersheriff Brian Bush told the Richmond News Friday afternoon that the boy had been taken and that the investigation was ongoing.

Danielle Rogers, the prosecutor in Ray County, said Friday morning that she received an initial report from the Sheriff’s Department, but returned it to officers with a request for further information before she could file charges.

“I know there’s an investigation and that a report was generated,” she said. “The charges are still pending and it’s now being investigated.”

Although initial rumors had the boy being abducted in Richmond, Police Chief Chad Burnine said Friday morning that the investigation was being handled by the Sheriff’s Department. That would indicate the abduction took place in the county, but outside Richmond city limits.

Click here for our E-edition and read the rest of the story.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login