Gov. Jay Nixon on Wednesday announced his appointments and nominations to eight boards and commissions, including a Norborne woman who joins the Advisory Committee for 911 Service Oversight.
The nominees will be subject to confirmation by the Missouri Senate; the appointee to the Missouri Juvenile Justice Advisory Group is not. The appointee and nominees, along with their boards and hometowns, are:
• Advisory Committee for 911 Service Oversight (Elizabeth M. Pierson – Norborne)
• Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners (Michael C. Rader – Kansas City)
• Missouri Juvenile Justice Advisory Group (Carolyn M. Allen – Columbia)
• Missouri Real Estate Appraisers Commission (Boyd L. Harris – Centralia)
• Missouri Women’s Council (Noelle C. Collins – St. Louis)
• Public Defender Commission (Robert E. George – Aurora)
• Sentencing and Corrections Oversight Commission (Kathleen Tofall – St. Louis)
• State Committee of Marital and Family Therapists (Sara C. Michael – Jefferson City)
Advisory Committee for 911 Service Oversight
According to the Governor’s office, he nominated Elizabeth M. Pierson, of Norborne, to again serve on the Advisory Committee for 911 Service Oversight.
The Committee on 911 Service Oversight aids in collecting and disseminating information relating to use of a universal emergency telephone number; reviews existing and proposed legislation; provides recommendations for model systems considered in preparing a model 911 service plan; and provides requested mediation services to political subdivisions involved in 911 jurisdictional disputes.
Pierson is currently a member of the Committee for 911 Service Oversight. Since 2004, she has served as director of the Carroll County Communication Center. Pierson previously served as a deputy and school resource officer for the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department. The Governor has re-nominated her to a term ending April 9, 2016.
In November 2012, the Governor appointed Ray County 911 Director Nathan Preston to the same board.