- Legal Notices
- Subscription Rates
- Photo Gallery
- Hall of Fame
With the winners of the huge Powerball jackpot announced and the Christmas season upon us, Robert Smith, RHS Class of 1957, found himself in a reflective mood. Here’s a little of what that good Thanksgiving meal did for him:
1. I heard a past winner of a big lottery jackpot on TV say that winning the lottery is like pouring Miracle-Gro on character flaws
2. You have probably seen older people talking to themselves. No big deal. We all talk to ourselves. We just don’t move our lips.
3. Thought consists of talking to ourselves. That means that the mind consists of two parts. One part is doing the talking and the other part is silently listening.
4. When did people first start feeling obligated to buy Christmas gifts for other adults – even to people they don’t even like.
5. When a lot of people give someone a Christmas gift, they expect a gift of equal value in return.
6. I am not a religious person but I like the Christmas season because it is a period during the year when people are actually nice to each other.
7. To save money on sending your kids to college, send your kids to a local community college. If they can hack it there, then you can send them to a bigger, more expensive college. If not, then you will have saved a lot of money.