- Legal Notices
- Photo Gallery
- Subscription Rates
- Hall of Fame
AARP will be providing tax assistance on Tuesdays from Feb. 7 through April 10 at Ray County Library. Help with tax forms will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Tuesday.
The library is at 215 E. Lexington St.
Those seeking assistance are asked to bring the following:
• copy of last year’s tax return;
• W-2 forms from each employer;
• unemployment-compensation statements;
• SSA-1099 form for individuals who received Social Security benefits;
• all 1099 forms showing an individual’s interest earnings and/or dividends, as well as documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
• 1099-misc., showing any miscellaneous income;
• 1099-R form for those receiving a pension or annuity;
• all forms indicating federal income tax paid;
• dependent care provider information;
• If itemizing deductions, all receipts or cancelled checks;
• Social Security card for individual and dependents.