Calendar (October 13)
EVERY SATURDAY UNTIL LATE OCTOBER
- From 7 a.m. to noon, Richmond Farmer’s Market gathers on College Street on the west side of Ray County Courthouse. There is no vendor fee.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
- Beginning at 9 a.m., The Rural Missouri ALS Support Group is having a “Walk to D’feet ALS”. Registration is at 9 a.m. and the walk starts at 10 a.m. at the Richmond High School football field and track. They will walk in honor of the people that have passed away form the Lou Gherig’s Disease. Come and support us in helping find a cure. Call Lea Johnson for more information 776-6007.
- From 7 to 10 p.m., the Country Shindig will play at the Lawson Community Center. Refreshments provided. Admission is free; donations are welcome. For more information, call 816-628-0279.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
- Beginning at 10:45 a.m., Camden UMC is having a Western Pot Luck Dinner after the church service. Everyone is invited to attend and wear western, cowboy clothing. The church is located at 401 Main Street in Camden.
- Beginning at 1:30 p.m., Punt, Pass & Kick contest sponsored by the Richmond All Sports Club will be held at the high school football field. Competition starts at 2 p.m., and is open to boys and girls ages 8-13. First, second and third place winners will receive trophies, all participants will receive ribbons. This is a free event.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 17
- Beginning at 7:30 p.m., The Water Coolers, a New York City-based music and comedy act, will open LIVE! in Lexington’s ninth concert season at Wentworth Military Academy. The talented group of five will perform original songs, sketch comedy and pop parodies about the daily challenges of modern life.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18
- From 5 to 7 p.m., a free Empower Kidney Disease Class will be offered at North Kansas City Hospital. Classes will teach participants how to take control of kidney disease and make healthy choices. For more information or to register for classes call 816-842-0076.
- Beginning at 7 p.m., at the Orrick Community Center on Front St. The Orrick Chapter (PSI ETA) of Beta Sigma Pi is hosting a fundraiser. Bunco Party – Ladies – It’s time to get out of the house and have some fun. Enjoy laughter, food, bunco, and prizes yes prizes for everyone! The proceeds will go for Girl State, Scholarships, Senior Citizen’s Dinner, Adopt a Family at Christmas, and many other activities. Help support us and have fun too!
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19
- Beginning with a social at 1 p.m., the Chapter CO of P.E.O. will meet at the home of Clare Flamank with June Harrison as the co-hostess. The meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m.
- From 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fleming Baptist Church food pantry. Please bring pantry card or utility bill and boxes for food. We serve Camden, Fleming, Hardin,Henrietta, Orrick, Rayville, Richmond. Contact 776-7261 or 776-7625 – NO DELIVERIES
- At 6:30 p.m., the Bob Ross Painting Class, sponsored by the Ray County Community Arts Association, will be held at the United Christian Presbyterian Church. The church is located at 501 N. Spartan Drive in Richmond. The class will be taught by a certified Bob Ross instructor. The fee is $40 and includes instruction and supplies. Minimum class size is 10. For more information and to reserve a seat, contact Debbie Abbott at 816-803-4439.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20
- From 7 to 9 p.m., GriefShare recovery and seminar support group for people grieving the deaths of loved ones will meet at the Old Union Christian Union Church, 17990 N. Union Rd., Lawson. GriefShare features nationally recognized experts on grief and recovery topics. For more information, call Nada Austin at 816-296-3854.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22
- From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.., The Hardin Community Betterment Association invites the public to join them for the Welcome Home Fall Festival on Main Street in Hardin. Vendor booths, collectibles and food will be available.
- From 1 to 2 p.m., Karma’s Rescue and SOAR (Saving Our Animals Richmond) will be sponsor a free rabies clinic in support of World Rabies Day at Henrietta City Hall, 406 Main St, Henrietta.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28
- Beginning at 10 a.m., the following specialists will be at Ray County Senior Center, 1015 W. Royle, Richmond, to provided assistance to those who need it: Medicare Specialist, Joyce White; Senior Citizen Case Manager, Katie Litras; RCSC Administrator, Julie Anderson. To Schedule an appointment Please call 816-470-5808 or 1-866-664-6325. Open Enrollment for Medicare D Starts Earlier this year, October 15 – December 7.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29
- Beginning at 9 a.m. and returning at 12 p.m., The Ray County Historical Society will hold their final “Travel Through Time” bus tour. The tour will cost $25 per person in advance and all proceeds benefit the Ray County Historical Society. Call 816-776-2305 to reserve your seat.
- Beginning at 9 a.m., Orrick Country Cruiser Halloween Show on front street in Orrick. Registration is open from 9-12 and is $15.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31
- Beginning at 5 to 8 p.m., 2011 Trick or Treat Street event. Hosted by The Richmond Police Department and will be held on Halloween evening at the City gymnasium.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12
- Beginning at 6 p.m., Orrick Lions Club turkey bingo at the Orrick Lions Club, Front Street, Orrick. Chili and soup will be available to purchase starting at 6 p.m. bingo starts at 6:30 p.m. ten games will be played.