UPICKEM BANNER

Socialize

Facebook

Unoccupied home in Hardin burns

An unoccupied home in Hardin sustained major damage from a fire Thursday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the house located at 412 NW Third St. around 4:30 p.m.
Hardin Assistant Fire Chief Colin Chang said the first thing firefighters did upon arriving at the scene was to check for occupants of the home. Chang said the home appeared to be gutted and there were some indications that renovations might have been occuring. He said firefighters were somewhat relieved by the appearance of the inside of the home.
Chang said they had not determined the cause of the fire and an investigation would begin after the scene was cleared.
A Kansas City Power and Light worker cut power to the house.
Photo: Lexington firefighter Joe McClendon breaks a hole through the roof with an ax while Hardin firefighter Tom Burton feeds a hose through an upstairs window of a house located at 412 NW Third St. in Hardin Thursday afternoon. (Photo by Dennis Sharkey/The Daily News)

Click here for our E-edition and read the rest of the story.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login